How to learn which traders to copy on etoro?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by andy_p, Oct 22, 2017.

1. andy_p

andy_p

I heard of some courses maybe even books that teach you how to select traders to copy on etoro.
    How can i get some good ones?Has anyone here bought a course or something similar to know how to choose good traders on etoro?

2. Truth_

Truth_

So you start yet another thread looking for a get rich lazy method.

Bad news again; 80% of the lead traders are FAKE. They are accounts by less than scrupulous brokers designed to churn your account and make them commissions. Social trading is dead and in the same league as binary options another great fraud of our time.

https://financefeeds.com/the-death-...iligence-finds-80-of-lead-traders-to-be-fake/

Frequently the real traders that are at the top of the "leader board" run another scam, they never close their losing trades. The board rankings show booked profit, not current Net Asset Value (NAV). The lead traders then make a commission when a fool follows their advice and the broker pays out a cut of the trading commission. That is how a lead trader really makes money, they get a percentage of the commission you pay, not actual trading profits.

You may see threads elsewhere about Karen "Supertrader" Bruton and her amazing success in trading options. Same thing, just rolled the options to not book a loss. I believe the true losses were in the area of $40 million of client money before the SEC charged her.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/karen-at-court.312629/

The video below is long (2 hours) but Mr. Kreil explains the conflicts of interest in trading that you need to be aware of. He is there to sell his own trading course. I have no idea about the substance, or quality, of the course he offers, so I offer no recommendation other than you need to change your outlook on trading. There is no easy money, it all takes work to at least learn what to do.

At this point, after so many threads started with the same idea, wanting easy information, but not giving any indication of following the good advice that others gave you (my advice is awful and clearly needs to be ignored) I am close to designating you as a TROLL.

helpme_please, Simples, 777 and 3 others like this.
  3. Anton Kreil, another scam artist. When are folks going to learn? No book will make you rich, no trading seminar will make you rich, no training will make you rich. Only way is to discover it for yourself or be invited into a special hedgie but you gotta have 10s of millions of dollars and you know the fund manager like it’s your own son.

d08 likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

Most GET RICH SCHEME are fake.
    If sellers are making tons of money trading, why do they want to earn money from another mean?

Go google "100% accuracy forex trading system".
    view those videos. It is good for entertainment but seriously develop your own trade plan and holy grail.

5. comagnum

comagnum

Seen that video before - it is spot on. Those living in a fantasy world will be disturbed by this video -good, they need it, those with a level of critical thinking can learn some valuable insights from this, and a few that have been around for a while may have figured out for themselves what he is saying and adjusted their trading accordingly.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Simples likes this.
  6. Hedge fund investors don't get rich.
    The only person getting rich with hedge funds are the founders collecting their management and if lucky...performance fee's.
    Most hedge funds and mutual funds, and whatever else...barely beat the average annual S&P 500 benchmark.

Everything else you said though, I agree with.

TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

Honestly speaking, I enjoy looking at those GET RICH SCHEME websites and videos.
    They have excellent presentation, marketing and advertising skills.

Good stress relief as it will cause you to burst into laugher.

Lou Friedman likes this.
  8. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Why give this bucketshop more airtime than they deserve? This is the 2nd thread I've seen recently with the name eToro and it doesn't do the credibility of this forum any favours.

The OP only has 6 posts, looks like advertising in disguise to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
    truetype and Gotcha like this.
  9. I don't find the Forex Copy system, a beneficial one. This will merely copy the trade decision of an experienced trade, but it doesn't mean that the experienced trader wouldn't be good as always.

10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

truth - i was a struggling individual with programming skills in the 80's. bought and borrowed every published material available, spent money like crazy on junk. then landed a poor paying job at a large fund who gave me whatever i wanted software, cray, feeds, ned davis training you name it i got with the magic card as we called it around the office. i found out i didn't really know anything at all, but i had this model.

with this model i formed a mm biz and did really well for two years when partners over took me, stole all my shit and kicked me to the curb. lesson learned about voting rights and agreements. so penniless i posted a model for free for anyone who wanted it and attracted another partner who blasted to fortunes enuff. that i spent the next decade spending money and not trading hardly at all. out of money again i did a seminar brought in some cash and got back to work.

so i have been an individual, manager principal and purveyor yet not one person whom ever paid me anything would say they didn't get their money's worth. i want people to succeed because we all need liquidity and most need a mentor. i never needed one until i had one and then i realized how lost i was. i really paid for my mentorship by taking cheap wages for programming that i could have made a lot more money charging the rate. so while there are many frauds there maybe some anomalies, toby crabel himself was one.

#10     Oct 23, 2017
    Truth_ likes this.