How to kill an hour of your time and get nowwhere

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Robert Weinstein, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ninja

Ninja

I assume you are filled with bitterness, because you didn't receive your banana bonus this year? Or did they fire you from the re-train program?

#11     Dec 11, 2008
  2. Thank you for your reply.

I 600K-1.3 mil shares per month with an average ticket size of about 200 shares.

I trade stocks and options and mostly short.

I scan the top 1000 stocks by volume so I need to be with a broker with a good short list.

Best to you

#12     Dec 11, 2008
  3. GlobalFutures is excellent for trading futures only. I used their free platform to trade the emini 500 and never had a problem--great fills even for my stop losses. unfortuantely, as good as their futures trading platform is, as well as their low intraday margin requirements, and low comissions, their platform to trade futures options was very inadequate. IB's futures platform is the best I could find. I have even used the Booktrader to trade emini 500's as well and never a problem. I guess following the KISS rule has worked for me. (KISS= keep it simple stupid).

#13     Dec 11, 2008
  4. Follow up with my experience with IB

yesterday IB tech support tried to call me at home as that is the number they have on record. Since I trade in an office I did miss that call but not their fault.

they also updated the support ticket to let me know and I updated the same to give my cell number.

A tech support manager called and I can say I wish all the tech support guys knew their stuff like this guy. We went through the problem and he took the TWS logs and is looking into it.

The problem is not fixed but I do feel that at least the tech support is responding to my problem as good as can be expected.

I will follow up again with the results.

#14     Dec 12, 2008
  5. will you be shutting down your IB account next week?...seriously

#15     Dec 12, 2008
  6. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

Let me clarify a couple things. Our rate for trading the YM on X_Trader is $0.35 per side + exchange fees. That would work out to $1.27 per side for the YM. That's $0.86 less per side. Granted, the monthly fee for X_Trader is $650, but it wouldn't take a 'zillion' contracts to make up for the monthly fee in commission savings. Based on your numbers you would start saving money with X_Trader after 378 round turn contracts per month. Anybody doing more than that, I would think X_Trader at Global Futures is a no-brainer. We would give you lower day margins, better live support, and you'd be using one of the top platforms available for futures in my opinion. Even if you end up trading less than 378 contracts, isn't it worth something to have live phone support in an emergency? and use X_Trader? However, if you want stocks and futures in one account, then we're not going to suit your needs.

Second, we have other platforms besides X_Trader. Our rates are not set in stone on those platforms, but give me a shot. I think I can still save you money with our Turbo 2 platform, with no monthly fee. I can get you a free live demo first so you can make sure it suits you. That would also give you a chance to evaluate our quailty of support to some degree. Our technicians can walk you through a demo and help you with any questions you have.

Sorry for the long sales pitch guys, but I wanted to set the record straight. Good trading all.

Happy Holidays

#16     Dec 12, 2008
  7. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

Hello, thanks for the endorsement on the futures part.

Were you using the RAN Order platform for options? (that's my guess)

Did you ever have a look at CQG? If you're interested I can get you a free live CQG demo which would give you the ability to simulate trades on options.

Happy Holidays

#17     Dec 12, 2008