How to keep your brain sharp

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nitro, Jan 6, 2008.

1. sumosam

sumosam

I have not heard of any research on these items. A good source for info is: Dr. Mona Lisa Schultz, a pHD. in neurology and a neuropsychiatrist. From what I gather, every time you learn new material, you form new synaptic connections in the brain...and therefore, I believe, new neural pathways are established. Sort of like building muscle by weight training.

This is a particular area of academic/professional interest for me.

#21     Jan 7, 2008
  2. hughb

hughb

?????????????????????????? I just picked up a Sudoku book and I do not get this game one bit. The rules say that the same number can't appear in the region, row and column. The rules say that there is only ONE solution to each puzzle, and that's where I get lost, because I can easily see there are many solutions to the puzzle. So obviously I don't have the concept here, and wikipedia is of no help at all. Can you give me a run down of what this game is about?

#22     Mar 7, 2008
  3. rosy2

rosy2

of all the board/card gamers, the chess players are the least socially and emotionally adjusted.

#23     Mar 7, 2008
  4. Start with DANA.

#24     Mar 8, 2008
  5. slacker

slacker

Good video...

A new book that uses information from MRI scans to monitor traders as they make decisions. The photos show mental activity in the brain during risk and stress and before and after a trade. I hate the English style of this book, but it still has a lot of good info.
    "Inside the Investor's Brain"
    http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Invest...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205028325&sr=8-1

Concerning chess, a new web site that tries to combine the best of 'social networking' with chess play. Several organizations have made attempts to play chess over the web in the past 10 years, but this site seems to be well funded and growning rapidly.

http://www.chess.com/

Good trading!

#25     Mar 8, 2008