How to keep your brain sharp

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nitro, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mokwit

mokwit

Also Turmeric (an Indian spice) Low incidences of Alzheimners in areas of India where it is a major art of the diet. Inhibitory action on Amyloid Plaque formation confirmed in lab studies. Sprinkle a teaspoon on your meusli in the morning.

#11     Jan 6, 2008
  2. trading is about expectation, correlation and reaction speed, not creativity. guitar hero is all you need.

#12     Jan 6, 2008
  3. I suppose Chess could helps develop patience and emotional stability--especially during losing game. When you are in a losing game, do you continue to play it with all your effort or do you just play it half-hearted?

#13     Jan 6, 2008
  4. Banjo

Banjo

#14     Jan 6, 2008
  5. No you are supposed to resign quickly. A bit like trading..

There was a time when i really enjoyed writing complex software programs. That was a good way to keep your brain sharp. But it kills your social skills. Suppose chess played face to face is atleast social and you can even drink during or after the game...
    Poker might be a good alternative to chess and is even more social.

#16     Jan 6, 2008
  6. I used to play a lot of chess when I was younger (13-16). Board #1 @ school around ~ 1850 rating.

I could not play longer than a 2-Minute game now. You'd have to pay me to play a 5M game. Completely forget openings.

I play Sudoku now to keep me sharp. lol.

#17     Jan 6, 2008
  7. Chessmaster 9000 is a good teacher and opponent that grows with you as you refine your game.

#18     Jan 6, 2008
  8. I understand what you mean. It's like a trend follower all of a sudden identified himself to be in a range. The best thing to do is resign.

However, the way I see it is that resigning is just giving up. In Chess you could start fresh again in the next game, but in trading, you couldn't.

#19     Jan 6, 2008
  9. are these mainly for middle aged people? what are the benefits for younger brains?

can anyone else vouch for these supplements?

#20     Jan 6, 2008