How to join a professional trader hub?

Discussion in 'Options' started by coldplay_option, May 2, 2019.

1. Hey Guys,
    I have done a fair bit of trading but have not really reached my sustainable objective. For me to move to the next level, i should follow some seasoned traders who make consistent money.
    Nothing is free lunch so happy to go for paid services or pay a fee to work alongside a mentor.
    Can you folk recommend me someone or any reliable service to join?

Read a lot at Tasty Trade, optionalpha, etc... but not sure if they have reliable active trading groups.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. qlai

qlai

What do you mean reliable? Consistently profitable?

3. Meant someone who is not losing money in the long run. Realize its hard to be consistently profitable but hopefully not losing all the time. In fact I just want to learn technique of choosing the right stock/ right time/ strategy used/ adjustment applied when going pear shape - i.e full cycle.
    I have been through that cycle but I think I need to look from a fresh perspective from someone more successful.

4. dozu888

dozu888

here is a paradox that determines such people dont' exist.

if one is profitable, he can easily extract more from the market and won't need any 'mentor fees';

if one aks for fees, then he's not profitable.

the same applies to any signal services, educational services, trading system providers etc etc etc.

TZT, AlphaLine, SmallFry and 2 others like this.
  5. I guess you mean swing trading or growth investing. Saerch those terms combined with "newsletter" and I'm sure you can follow those and learn. Or you could papertrade those and make your own considerations for the future

6. qlai

qlai

I don't trade options, but I think you need to tweak your approach ... Don't try to find a guru, just try to learn from different teachers and take what fits your believes and keep the rest in the back of your mind for future reference.
    Enough preaching ... I have never been a member, but I like his approach to trading options and, more importantly, putting it in the right context of the big picture.

https://investingwithoptions.com/

7. ironchef

ironchef

I agree with @dozu888.

Why don't you read the posts on ET that are relevant to your interests. They are like the market itself: 99% noise, 1% information so you need to apply filters to filter out the noise and search for the information that can really help you.

I am amateur retail, don't have a lot of technical knowledge to be helpful but I can offer you encouragements and moral support.

8. ironchef

ironchef

Lots of them hanging around here actually.

Baron likes this.
  9. qlai

qlai

That may be, but few if any teach you how to trade in practical terms. Can't compare this to watching someone trading ... making real time decisions good, bad, or the ugly.

10. dozu888

dozu888

anyone wants to try my style... go ahead I have posted everything I know... there is a thread called 'trading is easy' where I laid out some specifics... style is boring though... just gradually accumulate, then maybe get busy 1-2 times a year when my pro boys shake the tree... and feel free to aks any questions.

#10     May 2, 2019