How to invest $900K in 2018

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ftrexx1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. dozu888

dozu888

valid suggestion.

however, rentals are not an investment... it's like a job.

#11     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  2. Buy yourself a position in the US Department and swing trade part time.

#12     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  3. And investing in the market is not work? Everything is work unless you are lazy. Rentals are an investment because I am investing in the property and the cash flow. I also do full screening before renting and credit/employee checks. If someone is not paying their rent they get evicted. However month to month all I do is get rent checks and pay bills and once or twice a year call in a repair man for something simple. I have manager than handles most of this freeing me up for more investments.

Nothing is easy but hard work pays off.

#13     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  4. Not much money for that.

#14     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  5. Suggestion was for OP... What I don't have in real estate or in business I trade :).

#15     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  6. I meant $900K was not enough for the real estate.

#16     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  7. dozu888

dozu888

throw everything in QQQ... there is no 'hard work', other than stomaching the draw downs lol... but everything has draw down.... it's just not as obvious as rentals.

the psychological aspect may just be the most 'hard work'.

#17     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  8. lol a financial advisor.

#18     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  9. $900K not enough? I spent less than total for the 4 properties to buy them. 20% down and financed it is more than enough. If you are in mid size city you can get 2 to 3 studio apartments 100% cash. Not looking to buy office buildings here but it is more than enough to not even need to use all of it. I am telling you from personal experience. Real estate financing can be gotten if you put 20% down minimum and get the property appraised.

#19     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.
  10. OP already has money in an IRA so he already has exposure to the market. He has free cash he is asking about...why over leverage everything in buy and hold.

#20     Aug 1, 2018
    ftrexx1 likes this.