How to IMPROVE EliteTrader!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Scientist, Jul 4, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I've found a great deal more on SI than geeks talking about pocket protectors. An ET detractor could find similarly trivial things to say about this site.

#41     Jul 8, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Although God knows I can understand why SI devotees would flock to ET to benefit from quality posts like this one:

I'm up 8%...looks like someone is going to lose their bet, and it's not me. In fact, how can it be me? I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better.

I am HUGE!! The one and only $$$MR. MARKET$$$.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrmarketishuge/

#42     Jul 8, 2003
  3. LOL who says mrmarket ain't writing all this poop from his padded cell in the 'closed' section? Looks like he ain't got much else to do...

:eek: :( :) :p :D

~Scientist

#43     Jul 8, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Au contraire, mon frere. The thread is very much open, bewildering though that may be.

#44     Jul 8, 2003
  5. BWAAHAHAHA Life's a biatch ain't it :p

#45     Jul 8, 2003
  6. A rating system is a great idea.

If I had a site, I would personally reward the top 10%-20% contributors (based on rankings) by offering a profit sharing program from the ad revenues.

Offensive posters who don't contribute anything of value will receive low scores and will risk having their membership revoked.

Benefits:

Quality will improve.
    Traffic will increase.
    More time will be spent here.
    More incentives for posters to contribute quality information.
    Less time quibbling over stupid topics and idiotic yakity-yak.
    Advertisers will be willing to pay more for their ads.

Win - Win situation for all.

Hmmmm . . . come to think of it . . . this is a GREAT idea! Anybody want to partner up and make this happen? :)

#46     Jul 24, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I have an idea...

Let's Improve Elite Trader by....

....doing absolutely nothing!

Gee kids...it is about time we stopped bugging Baron to change what works so well.

I have decided to move on, grow up and stop whining.

Anyone with me?
    :cool:

#47     Jul 24, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It pays to consider these things when the tumult has quietened since there's always the possibility of keeping the momentum going and making the place "safe" for those who know what they're talking about and are circling overhead wondering if they should land. Eventually, the disruptions and the name-calling will resume. It's the way of the world.

#48     Jul 24, 2003
  9. Move on bobcathy1. I'm just offering feedback on the FEEDBACK FORUM. :D

#49     Jul 24, 2003
  10. Achiever,

not a good idea at all.

posters with more charm and tact will get higher rating not necessarily due to content or expertise.

then there is this problem with groupies and the cliques that form stacking deck against the rest of us who don't subscribe.

what about the perfect bullsh*tter? they are undeserving of the accolades that will follow.

and the rebels, the free thinkers, the independents would be gone too, ousted by the "moral majority", the conformists.

nope, that in't to good an idea.. :-/

#50     Jul 24, 2003