How to hit bids and offers on NYSE and NAZ

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by newbie2006, Aug 24, 2006.

1. sounds like you would be better off coding to a broker with smart order routing and spending all that coding time on your strategy... unless of course you are using level II data in your strategy... which i guess you are doing.

#11     Aug 24, 2006
  2. your guess is right, I am using level 2 besides even if I am not using level 2 I don't know how the smart routing really work and I need to know that as my strategies are high frequency trading and I don't want to waste any time letting the broker decide which destination to route to, I need to handle this myself.

And anyhow just knowing the info wont hurt me :)

#12     Aug 24, 2006
  3. you're a cowboy ;) jk

good luck.

#13     Aug 24, 2006
  4. SteveD

SteveD

Just for my amusement:

What is your normal size per trade....how many shares of a stock do you usually buy/sell?

SteveD

#14     Aug 24, 2006
  5. Number of shares depends on many things but can range from 100 to 2000 per shot and I scale in and out

now I amused you, why dont you add some useful info here :)

#15     Aug 24, 2006
  6. i hear there is a "magic number" for your sort of trading...

#16     Aug 24, 2006
  7. What do you mean by magic number ? am I missing something here ?

#17     Aug 24, 2006
  8. i know someone who developed a level II system who optimized to 300 shares... i was joking about the "magic number" ;)

#18     Aug 24, 2006
  9. when did inet start accepting market orders? anyway if they do i don't think it's proactive so it matters little. better using arca

#19     Aug 24, 2006
  10. You are wrong.
    INET market does the same thing as ARCA market. If it can't fill you it will re-route to whoever can do it. It has been like this ever since ISLD merged with INCA to form INET, which was quite some time ago. This is a fact.

#20     Aug 24, 2006