How to hide the prices and size popup window when you click on an order line in TWS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bungrider, Sep 15, 2003.

1. If I have an order line in TWS, and I either click on the size of the order or the price of the order and hold down the mouse button, this window always pops up which lists and scrolls, in fixed increments, varying price by penny and verying size by lot.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to toggle this setting on and off. It gets in the way if you're trying to highlight part of the order price field. i.e. say I have a buy limit order at 20.697, and I want to change that price to 20.650, I'd want to do that by highlighting just 97 and typing 50, but like I said, that popup window, which, in this case would list 20.660 20.670 20.680 20.690 20.700 20.710 etc really gets in the way...

Thanks in adv,
    -b

2. H2O

H2O

You should use hotkeys, you can set them up for <BIG> changes or <SMALL> changes. Configure <BIG> as 10 cents for example and <SMALL> for 1 cent.

With a few clicks, you'll be at the price you like. (You can set as many hotkeys as you like)

Hope this helps