How to hide incriminating evidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 2, 2009.

1. we all live in the same neighborhood (the Earth) we must care! international relations isn't the schoolyard.

esp if we continue to hold ourselves out as the paragon of virtue, justice and truth.

#81     Mar 7, 2009
  2. When someone violates our laws here in America, I don't oppose the process of law enforcement.

When Americans are killed abroad, we should try to enlist the law enforcement of the country that Americans are killed in to help us bring the person behind the killing to the proper justice system. If the country refuses should we go to war with that country?

Should we have gone to war over Gary Powers?

Should we have gone to war with Iran over the hostages?

Should we have gone to war with NK over the Pueblo?

When journalists are killed in a warzone, does that just make them collateral damage?

I hardly imagine that the right wing has much real sympathy for members of the "main stream media."

#82     Mar 7, 2009
  3. Why do you equate war with action?

Diplomacy is the first course of action. But notice that every example you used has a govt to deal with.

Who do we use our diplomacy with where groups like AQ is concerned?

#83     Mar 7, 2009
  4. Was diplomacy the first course of action following Pearl Harbor?

Now as to how to deal with terrorists groups, I wasn't opposed to the move into Afghanistan assuming of course that what we were told about Afghanistan was true, i.e. the terrorist group was based there and being supported by the local government.

Do I believe we know the whole story of 9/11 and that the 9/11 commission did its job fully?

Sorry, no. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think we got the full story, or that those who were negligent or culpable were fully exposed. Too many anomalies left unexplained properly about that day and what led up to it.

Shame we didn't finish the job there in Afghanistan when we first went in...and then we go blew our wad in Iraq. What a royal screwup.

If we know the terrorists are hiding in a particular country, we contact the government of that country and try to get the government to work with us to bring the terrorists into the justice process. That may take some diplomacy, to negotiate with the host government to allow our troops to go in, or to get them to do the job for us.

I believe in 50 years historians will look back to 9/11 and the reactions following as pure madness, stupidity, or massive corruption in the Bush administration.

#84     Mar 7, 2009
  5. Fair enough.

So to get back to the thread title, how did you feel about the Hildebeast finding those records in her Whitehouse closet AFTER the investigation was over?

Or Sandy Berger waltzing out with records stuck in his boxers, and then claiming he forgot?

Would these also be good examples of how to hide incriminating evidence?

I would assume that you would be against this type of action. But even though you didn't come out and say it, prior to the dem primaries, you seemed to be for the Hildebeast.

How does that work?

#85     Mar 8, 2009
  6. I feel that we should investigate all pols, including their support staff from Bush admin, Clinton admin, Bush 1, Reagan, Congress, Senate, CIA, FBI and let them all know none of them are above the law, even the president.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant against the vampires in government. Transparency of government with people knowing that they are being held to high standards and will be punished if they don't will help to keep them honest.

Nixon should have gone to jail, he should never have been pardoned.

Reagan should have been prosecuted for lying about his involvement Iran Contra.

Clinton should have resigned for his lies.

Bush and Cheney and the whole lot of neocon scum should be investigated for war crimes, war profiteering, connections to Israel and other countries that don't serve our national interest, the connections to oil companies and corruption of many kinds.

Is that enough law and order for ya?

I detest that public servants are treated like royalty...

#86     Mar 8, 2009
  7. Nixon has an interesting story.

When HUAC was ready to end its investigations, it was Nixon that pushed further investigations and found that there were in fact many Soviet spies working for the Democrats. This is one reason why the left and the left press never forgave him, cuz they were always denouncing any possibility of that. Then they were proved to be the "useful idiots" that Stalin talked about.

Another interesting fact is his prosecution of some "whistleblower" that stole documents about the Vietnam War that were then released to the press. The press vilified Nixon for this, even though the docs were from Johnson's reign over that fiasco. The left has a long memory - they still hated him for the HUAC investigations.

But I suppose you're referencing the breakin? Nobody claims that he directed it. Why would he? Isn't that the year that he won 49 states for doing like he said he would do, and turn the Vietnam War over to the South Vietnamese, bring home 500,000 men, and reduce the war budget by 80%? This also pissed off the left cuz he demonstrated yet again that the left isn't the best choice where these types of wars shouldn't betrusted to the dems. This pissed off the left yet again.

He covered it up, so he did the right thing by resigning.

And yet, I actually disagree about Clinton. He lied about personal affairs, which is bad, but it didn't involve his job. The points made about his Chinese connections should have been looked into though.

My point was actually about Hillary though. She should have been prosecuted. Of course that might have opened a can of worms and involved Bill too, but that's another issue.

Bush - maybe.

#87     Mar 8, 2009