How to hide incriminating evidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Hardball doesn't work with an uncivilized mentality, history has proved that.

Germany and Japan were both highly evolved cultures technologically and were not what we are facing today...which is ignorant, proud, religion driven, and not able to sustain an economy where the wealth allows all the people to live in prosperity.

All you get is more and more killing, more and more blood, more and more bitterness.

The nukes we dropped led to the cold war and many more deaths than would have taken place in Japan.

#21     Mar 2, 2009
  2. I think I have made my point, I'm done.

Out of curiousity, who agrees with OPTIONAL and who agrees with me? I would like to see a sample of thoughts on this issue besides the two of us.

#22     Mar 2, 2009
  3. Does it matter if more people agree with you or not?

If more people disagreed with you, would you change your mind, re-evaluate your opinions, etc. because of the opinions of others?

I don't change my opinions because of the prevailing wind of a message board, and if you are making a point based on principle...neither would you.

#23     Mar 2, 2009
  4. It doesn't matter, and I would not change my mind. I am curious where other people fall in this argument, that is it.

#24     Mar 2, 2009
  5. ThePrize

ThePrize

I would have to agree with Pappa on this. Those crazy ass's who want to KILL AMERICANS simply don't rationalize the way we American's do -- it would be nice if they did. They have but 'one mission', which is to KILL AMERICANS.

Amid the "Wussification of America' there seems to be this common thought that we can 'win them over' with good diplomacy. However, you can't debate with them, you can't change their minds, you can't use diplomatic methods that you can with other 'highly developed civilized' cultures. Their mission is to KILL THE INFIDEL and unfortunately, we are the infidels.

We better get our focus straight in this country -- otherwise we're toast.

I agree with Pappa

#25     Mar 2, 2009
  6. I think the destruction of these tapes raises a different issue. It is the Jack Bauer question. Are we, as a society, going to send men out to do horrible things in dangerous times on our behalf, then turn around after the threat has diminished and suddenly be "shocked" that they did what we asked them to do?

No one, least of all democrats in congress, was wringing their hands over a few terrorists getting waterboarded in the days after 9/11. Serious people understood that it was better to compromise our standards than risk thousands of people being killed in more attacks.

Now, the predictable is happening. The hate Amerika crowd wants to punish those who put their necks on the line for us. Unfortuantely, they control the White House and congress. They want show trials so they can continue their vendetta against Bush et al.

If these interrogations were rogue operations, different issue. But it is pretty clear they were not. The leaders of the CIA, the president and the national security committees in the congress knew exactly what was going on. Exposing the identities of the men who did these interrogations would put them and their families at risk for the rest of their lives. Obviously many democrats do not see that as a problem, but I would hope the vast majority of normal, patriotic Americans take a different view.

#26     Mar 2, 2009
  7. You stick it down your pants like Sandy Berger and then pretend like you didn't know how it got there.

A couple of times a week I find my nieghbors christmas cards, credit card offers and junk mail in my pants and have no idea how they go there.

#27     Mar 2, 2009
  8. Guys, you have to keep in mind a couple of things. First, the Idiot Alcoholic Troll ZZZ thinks that the belief held by the terrorists, namely that we are all infidels and that our heads can be righteously chopped off at any time in the name of God, is a morally defensible position. He believes that it is wrong to say 'In this case, there is one side that is wrong (the side that believes they can chop my head off if I don't agree to be governed by Sharia Law) and another side which is right (the side that says everyone should be free to choose their own path and that the values of freedom of expression, religion and action are paramount).

He doesn't buy that argument. He believes that we must respect their desire to kill all of us as a 'culturally informed imperative'. He believes the only thing we can do in light of the fact that they have sworn to murder us is to wait until they come over here and murder a few people and videotape themselves doing so, at which point, if the arresting officer makes an error in reading the guy holding the bloody sword and shouting 'death to the infidels' his rights, they should be released on their own recognizance and must be given their videotape as well.

If you suggest to him that we can take defensive action wherever those who have sworn to murder us are training, you'll see him start to froth at the mouth.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that the Idiotic Brainwashed Leftist Troll loves to take positions informed only by theory, which is a favourite thing for the radical left to do. They love theory, and hate anything that smacks of the practical.

#28     Mar 2, 2009
  9. I see you are still taking poison waiting for someone else to die...

Good luck with that.

#29     Mar 2, 2009
  10. : )

At least you didn't attempt to deny any of what I posted. That's refreshingly honest of you. Maybe you subconsciously take a different approach to the truth when you're posting as O777?

#30     Mar 2, 2009