How to go about pips?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Jamesstefines, Nov 10, 2020.

1. I have been trading very actively this whole year (despite the pandemic) but taken a pause this week. After losing majorly across all my accounts, ig, oanda, fxview, fxtm, i’ve realized it’s wiser to refrain from trading when there’s too much action happening in the world.

#11     Nov 11, 2020
  2. turnegad

turnegad

With the drop in oil prices again over the second wave of Covid, and the tentative green policy by Biden, may lead to weakening of CAD over USD.

#12     Nov 12, 2020
  3. Planning on shifting my focus from oil to natural gas now. Made decent money trading commodity (oil) in the past but I believe it’s now time to change. Wondering if I should continue with forex com or try a new broker, someone with even more competitive pricing. How’s Fxview? Or Tradestation

#13     Nov 12, 2020
  4. if you need to go beyond this list, do try Razor account on pepperstone 14 major pairs. It has more than 60 pairs in total. Liquid timings could even lead to as low as 0.0 pips for EURUSD pair.

#14     Nov 12, 2020
  5. Wolfe_tr

Wolfe_tr

Fxview is a good one.

#15     Nov 13, 2020
  6. they only miss out on NBP for non-UK or European clients.

#16     Nov 15, 2020
  7. If you are a newbie then I would suggest start with the EURUSD.

#17     Nov 17, 2020
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

what are the spreads on a pair now they use to be big but heard they have shrunk a lot.

#18     Nov 17, 2020
  9. tedmos38

tedmos38

what is IMO?

#19     Nov 18, 2020
  10. Johannab

Johannab

EUR/USD is the most popular out of these 3. Range trading works quite fine for this pair. When support or resistance breaks, that is the best time to enter the trade as per the strategy that I use. Timing is very critical as I have suffered severely by entering too early when I first started trading on iq options, reversals were too commonplace. Now i open the position only partially and this has been giving better results in terms of determining the entry and exit of a trade. Another tool I’m using for scanning market now is autochartist on Fxview, not very sure about it yet. getting mixed results

#20     Nov 20, 2020