How to get some sleep?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JMowery1987, May 9, 2006.

1. post traumatic stress syndrome?

#41     May 10, 2006
  2. Moreagr

Moreagr

have you tried to take some melatoin?? if you take it an hour before bed. also, you must allow yourself at least 8 hours of sleep.

#42     May 10, 2006
  3. Try taking Seroquel 25 or 50mg. It is prescribed off label in low doses as a sleep aid. It will turn off your racing mind and allow you to get the best sleep you have ever had.

#43     May 10, 2006
  4. Start smoking the sticky icky. Might help your trading, too.

#44     May 10, 2006
  5. Notice when your body wants to fall asleep naturally.

I thought I had to go to bed at 10:30 pm, or not experience a full day. Then I indulged a very heavy drowsiness I would get while watching TV on the couch at 9pm. The thoughts going through my head at that time are equivalent to the number of thoughts going through a block of ice. I wake around 11:20pm and stagger to bed. If I take too long to get to bed, or see a newspaper, I might get a "busy mind" at this point, but it's less likely.

#45     May 10, 2006
  6. This will work almost every time if you really do it:

Talk to yourself (inside your head) in a sleepy, groggy tone of voice, yawn, etc. It doesn't matter one iota what the content of what your saying is. It's the structure of the tone. Talk sleepy, and you will likely fall asleep very quickly. While your at it, mention to yourself what time in the am you wish to rise, and that you will feel vibrant and energized.

This works, if you really do it.

Another option is to listen binaural tapes or dual-story track tapes. Kelly Holloway for binaural is quite relaxing.

Glouberman has tapes that you listen to with headphone, same voice, but a different story in the left and right tracks. It overloads your conscious thought patterns and cleans out all the crap from your head.

I personally use all of these effectively and have taught others who report great results.

Good luck!

#46     May 10, 2006