How to get Series 7

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ilcaa, Mar 15, 2016.

1. ilcaa

ilcaa

I want to get my Series 7 to enhance my resume career options, i know an option is to become an FA or wotk for an insurance company, Im not interested in that...

I am obviously willing to pay for the costs but need to find a situation I can be sponsored for it, anyone have success? I see some prop firms sponsor but the ones i spoke to require open a trading account and a deposit.

please advise on anyone who has found a good way to be sponsored for Series 7

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

You need to get a job with a broker dealer that is willing to sponsor you.

3. I spoke to a broker once and he found a small firm, explained the circumstances, paid the guy 1k, paid for his test and he was sponsored for the Series 7.

I don't think that happens very often, but it worked for him.

4. I got my 7 and 66. I worked in a small FA company for a while, and got paid salary while I studied for it, and I left after a year and a half. It doesn't enhance your resume that much to be honest. It gives you a few more options, but the financial advisory route is pretty much the easiest way to obtain it

5. ilcaa

ilcaa

thanks for the replies...

I know the standard route to get a Series 7, I actually had it before but my employer wasnt a BD so I lost it. I was wondering if anyone had insight into a easy firm that sponsors (I pay) without time or large $ committments,

6. K-Pia

K-Pia

Disappointed by the Thread.
    I thought we were talking about this one :

[​IMG]

However, ask Frank Abagnale Jr, he'll tell you.

7. Parking licenses is illegal for a firm. Good luck.

DallasCowboysFan and rmorse like this.
  8. I always thought that there should be some kind of agreement with colleges, the SEC and other state agencies that would allow a college Senior to get their Series 7, 66 etc...while they were still in college.

You take a CPA exam to determine your qualifications to be an accountant, you should have to take a Series 7 exam to qualify for a B.S. in Finance/Economics/Business Administration. It should be a requirement for graduation. Then it would be parked or remain in limbo the same way it would be for anyone who leaves a brokerage office.

9. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

A broker dealer may only sponsor you or register you with that firm if they feel you will be active. If under a their FINRA exam, they see a registered person that does not work for the firm, it can be a big issue. Eg. You are hired to be a sales person but have added no accounts, have no email activity showing that you have tried to do your job and no phone activity, this is clearly parking.