How to get rid of a Firefox Taskbar

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DallasCowboysFan, May 29, 2016.

1. I use Google Chrome and yahoo to search items.

For the last few days, whenever I hit the home button for yahoo, the firefox taskbar shows up underneath the yahoo taskbar.

It's blue and has mail, flickr, tumblr, answers, groups, mobile, more.

And to the right it says Install the New Firefox.

It's annoying and I don' t want it.

I went to settings and found the search function but the only one I have there is google chrome.

I tried deleting my history and that didn't work. I didn't think it would, but I was already there, so why not ?

I tried finding something in programs and the tile bars but did not see anything.

I tried right clicking to delete it and nothing works.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it ?

2. JackRab

JackRab

3. NoBias

NoBias

Adwarecleaner <-- will remove toolbars

I already advised you once on procedure

If you still have issues from your previous downloading of Trojan and haven't done a clean install yet... Then just do it now, or you will be forever plagued with crap...

4. I did the clean install and things have been working fine.

I have Kapersky anti virus and about once a week I use Regseeker to clean things up.
    And about every 2 weeks I use MBAM/Malwarebytes and Spybot.

I downloaded the AdwCleaner and it found something that was deleted but the toolbar is still there.

Yahoo is struggling these days. Maybe they have an agreement to sponsor FF for $, because they are in trouble. Dunno. What I do know is that it's a nuisance.

5. NoBias

NoBias

Ok,

Did you uninstall/remove ALL Browser extensions?

adwcleaner usually removes all toolbars, but when you start your browser, the offending extension will instantly re-intall them.

i.e. remove all extensions, run adwcleaner, reboot, restart browser, run adwcleaner...

if no toolbar found.. add back ONE extension at a time, going through the adwcleaner process until you identify the offending extension...

You also should determine if any unrecognized programs are in your program list... uninstall if not needed (confirm with google they aren't important)

Interesting to know what utility programs you may have installed which may have installed this errant PIA on your system. Uninstall them if no luck with extensions... most ALL freeware is bundled with crapware.

Screen shot your add/remove programs list and post perhaps we find something you missed.

As an FYI you mentioned regseeker. Registry Cleaners 99% of the time will do more damage than good... same for ccleaner. Tune up tools are snake oil...

(maybe your regseeker added the toolbar) wouldn't that be ironic...

EDIT: No need to do the above, your issue isn't a toolbar, its just Yahoo...

Not deleting post, because it comes in handy when referencing solutions...
    (the above works, when you do have toolbar issues)

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. NoBias

NoBias

Your problem isn't a toolbar it is part of Yahoo's Home page, no wonder you can't get rid of it... lol

[​IMG]

Simplest solution....

Chrome browser + Google search engine

Don't use Yahoo... it's like having a telephone in the house and sending messages with your telegraph... lol

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. Junos

Junos

Are you really sure it's something like Firefox toolbar if all you are using it's something like Google Chrome and Yahoo search, it's probably some malware which really needs to be removed. Oh, just looked at the last post here, indeed LMAO

8. I don't know what I did, but I figured it out with trial and error.
    After I downloaded FF and updated to a new version, then the title bar (at the top) turned dark blue and that was another correction I had to make. I like the light blue/gray better than the dark blue. I don't know why anyone thinks it looks better.

Right now, I am running FFox and Duck Duck Go. Life is much better now.