How to get out ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by johnadams, May 6, 2005.

1. I will give the consulting thing a try - you never know. Its possible but with only a BA (albeit a good one I think unlikely).

Thanks for the suggestion. Bind I am in is I am overqualified for Mcjobs and underqualified for other jobs.

I do worry how trading will be looked at - I dont want to be seen as a reckless gambler type.

#31     May 9, 2005
  2. Visaria

Visaria

would suggest that you don't present it as such!

#32     May 9, 2005
  3. Well, i left trading a year ago, i was also a local for a UK prop firm. I made money but not consistently, so i decided to leave. I am 30yrs old so no spring chicken. I use to work in computers before i started trading and i have recently got back into it. I have to admit to you, it will be difficult to get a job but you will, i didnt get a job for 6months after leaving trading but i was re-educating myself with the computer world again.

Another thing, how long have you beentrading? a few months? If this is the case then you have nothing to worry about, just say you was looking after a relative who was ill. I traded just over 2yrs. So getting out and finding work as you can imagine was a very painfull process.

How old are you? if your around 24/25, then you can probably still apply for the bank graduate positions etc. You will get a job thats for certain, getting one you enjoy doing thats the problem.

Just to give you some positive feedback, 3 of my friends left the trading game afew months back and they are all in good jobs. Corporate roles, one is in a bank and the other one could be in marketing.

Remember if you was/are a Trader then you will have the trader spirit, the fire that gets you to your desk each day, being sharp and focused when trading. Use these traits to help you in the outside world. Remember most people in the real world are gutless morons. I have worked with some excellent guys when i was trading, miles ahead of the guys i work with now.

Chin up and Good luck.

#33     May 11, 2005