How to get out of a traffic ticket in India

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DallasCowboysFan, Apr 2, 2018.

1. This guy did not want to be responsible for his traffic ticket so he decided it was a good idea to act like he was possessed. It didn't work.

2. vanzandt

vanzandt

I got stopped one time in the middle of the night outside of Birmingham by an Alabama Statey doing like 79 in a 65.
    He seemed like a good ole boy so I casually remarked "I bet you've heard every excuse there is for speeding".
    An unenthusiastic "Yep".
    So I asked him... "If I give you an excuse you've never heard will you cut me a break"?
    He does this double take and goes... "What have you got"?
    And I told him the truth.
    My tires up front were so out of balance or something... the car only ran smooth above 70 or so. It was true.
    He kind of grunted a laugh, walked back to his car, ran my info....came back and gave me a warning ticket.
    Told me to get my front end checked, smiled and walked off. :D

NQurious likes this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Corruption is rampant in India and humans are greedy by nature, why not try .....

4. I would never try to bribe a police officer, if I am wrong I will just deal with it.

I know it's a way of life in India, but if I ever tried it, I would probably end up bribing the only honest cop in the whole country. And I don't like the idea of being a foreigner in an Indian prison or one in Turkey.

dealmaker likes this.
  5. monkeyc

monkeyc

It's normal in many countries to bribe police. Just as here in the US, when you give money to a politician, it's called a political contribution not a bribe; in other countries, when you pay off police, it's called paying a fine on the spot not a bribe.

It's just semantics

_eug_ and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

Well, he had to try something, I guess. :D

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  7. Byrne.d46

Byrne.d46

A political contribution really? where that money goes ??

8. prc117f

prc117f

The way it works is you put the bills slightly sticking up on on the palm of your hand on the steering wheel. If he is cool with it he will just pull it out of your hand and everything is good to go.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.