How to get interview at real prop firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by PiggyBank, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Wow, with an attitude like this I'm SHOCKED they aren't knocking on your door!

Will you require car service?

Will you eat anything but sushi?

How many assistants do you need?

Will the CEO's office do, or should we just call the architects now?

Listen kid, there's a reason why you'll never get in-- and it has little to do with your under-achieving resume.

That's not to say you CAN'T be successful, but you're deluding yourself if you think your just gonna waltz on in because you've laid down a few trades.

At the end of the day, your "experience" may be your worst enemy. So to answer your question, yes, they would rather have a hard-working, intelligent noob, than a hard-headed jackass who thinks he knows it all.

You can thank me later.

#21     Nov 19, 2009
  2. Hilo and l2, I appreciate your input, but I'm not saying I should get any of that because I'm special; that is THEIR TRAINING program. Someone is going to get that deal. Maybe I'll just edit the pnl a little...

PPT you sound like a new trader, talking about who you wouldn't hire, shut up dude. If you are new your gonna find out what no chance means pretty soon. Oh.. and your analogy sucks, why because you know nothing about me, except what I posted and even that u didn't read. What a joker.

#22     Nov 19, 2009
  3. :eek:

Are you going to use photoshop?

#23     Nov 20, 2009
  4. Big Boss, U say u are working at a prop firm now? Which one and why are you leaving to work for another one? something does not sound right?? Also, I would do this....For the next 2 months virtual real-time trade s&p futures. once consistently profitable you can open up an account with $500/margin per contract with a $2500 deposit. Also, You may want to take the winter off and golf caddie down south to make some quick cash while you keep your mind off of trading while watching the market. Cheers

#24     Nov 20, 2009
  5. Thanks for your advice. The reason I'm leaving is cause I'm out of money (money to live on), and my account is devestated. So I was looking to go to a firm that will back me, which will obviously be difficult, if possible at all. That was the point of the thread, to see if anyone had advice on how to get in one of these firms.

#25     Nov 21, 2009

6. After reading your story here, I think your only shot at getting into a top tier "Prop firm" is to marry the fat daughter of one of the partners.

#26     Nov 21, 2009
  7. You don't know "my story", you only know what I've posted. Also, u don't seem to have any advice or know anything, u just like to talk shit. My account doesn't=my deposit, it came from the market, it's low because I have to take out money to live, and haven't been able to make anything in months. Do u get that???

Beside's I thought fat chicks were for Mexicans. :p

#27     Nov 21, 2009
  8. Go to Monterey for hot Mexicans amigo, sorry the ones you have been paying for by the hour in TJ are not representative.

You sound pathetic, I suggest you get a real job, you will NEVER make it in this business.

#28     Nov 21, 2009
  9. Guess I struck a chord... look amigo, I know u have no clue WTF your talkin about, and u know I'm right. you are a punk who can't/doesn't trade, and know nothing about props or how they work. So the only reason u responded to this thread was to talk shit, prove me wrong.

And the mexican thing was a joke. as in "mexicans like fat chicks", a common stereotype, u must have heard it before... or did u just cross the border? :eek: :eek: :eek:

#29     Nov 21, 2009
  10. zx12

zx12

I tell you, this is 1 rough crowd!! Guy asks a simple question, & peeps jump all over him!! ELITE, is a fitting name for the board! Reminds me of a comedy skit. "People are always saying, kicking a guy while he is down, is bad!! Can you think of a better time to kick him!" :D Lighten up people!!

#30     Nov 21, 2009