How to get in the game

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Mrottman, May 5, 2006.

1. Forget about any degrees.. they're all irrelevant in trading.

Best thing I would advise is USE that degree to find a job and work for a few years, building up capital and studying the stock market.

Tackling the market head-on results in failure. It's so much more than opening a brokerage account and watching CNBC. Yet, that's what the general public seees. You need to approach trading from another angle, a different perspective, an "edge" if you will. To be frank, having a degree in finance is not an edge in trading.

#11     May 8, 2006
  2. cml2949

cml2949

Degree helps you get that interviews at a trading group or firm.. Thats the best way to learn.. Saving your money and doing it on your own is tough and your at disadvantage. Join a group, learn how everything works and if you want to go out on your own; find a coder to build a trading application to have an edge and than trade on your own .. .

#12     May 8, 2006
  3. I will throw this out. If you are thinking about about trading. Get a 30 day trial to esignal. Sit in front of the screen from 9:30 to 4:00 eastern time all day, and see how much fun you have. If after a day you cannot stand it, then trading is not for you. Then add NinjaTrader. You can simulate trading, go a week and see if you are positive or negative. If negative you have some work to do. Just to test yourself to see what you are made of.

Terry

#13     May 8, 2006
  4. Mrottman

Mrottman

Would taking a job as an analyst help? I've been trying to get interviews with trading companies, but no luck yet..

#14     May 8, 2006