how to get funds to trade but a few problems

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TGpop, Sep 17, 2010.

1. TGpop

TGpop

i couldn't answer this without giving it away

#11     Sep 17, 2010
  2. It would probably be a good idea to open a paper trading account at a broker and establish a track record trading your strategy that you can then show to potential business partners (perhaps with the symbols or some other part of the records blacked out).

#12     Sep 19, 2010
  3. deaddog

deaddog

Lets be specific about how much you need.

Then you can come up with a plan to raise the money.

#13     Sep 19, 2010
  4. LOL, there isn't much you can give away, believe me.

Anyway, you can just take $5k to a prop shop and get the leverage you need to trade these ETFs.

#14     Sep 20, 2010
  5. You might check out a broker like thinkorswim. Their paper money account can be used without ever funding your real money account, and they have excellent charting and all around, an excellent platform. Market data is free, should include your ETFs, and you will be able to use this platform to test your strategy for many months, if you so desire.

#15     Sep 20, 2010
  6. TGpop

TGpop

well if my currency trading continues ill be able to hit 5-10k ish within 2 years,my account is small so you might laugh at that.
    maybe i should just get the leverage i need with a prop shop as someone suggested

#16     Sep 20, 2010
  7. TGpop

TGpop

i need enough to day trade ETFs, whatever that entails

so around 30k+

#17     Sep 20, 2010
  8. #18     Sep 20, 2010
  9. Someone needs to stop this madness.

You don't have an edge, stop dreaming. Noone is going to hand over an edge to you, especially in the US equity markets. Focus on your own trading.

#19     Sep 21, 2010
  10. TGpop

TGpop

you have clearly not read the thread.
    you are an idiot

#20     Sep 22, 2010