How to Get Back in the Biz?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by eurosport, Nov 17, 2005.

1. I've been reading these posts looking for some info. Any out there would be greatly appreciated. I spent a decade in the industry, the last 3 1/2 years of which were at a place I see spoken about quite a bit here...WorldCo.

I, however, was not a prop trader. Or a hedge fund trader. I had traded at a few firms before in Long Island, but was hired as an agency trader by WorldCo. When they let our department go one-by-one, I took it as a sign to take a break from the industry. So I did.

As my 2 year anniversary approached, I tried to find work in the industry to keep my licenses active, but failed. Now I am interested in getting back in the industry, but am finding a hard time. After finding nothing via the conventional approaches, I wanted to know if anyone knew of a place in NY, possibly even Long Island, where I can easiest take my exams. Or where an agency trader with supervisory experience can land. I do not expect to make "Walter" money, but as the new year approaches, I know there will be a market for compliance in hedge funds. But for that I need my licenses back, and some recent experience.

6 licenses. No marks on them. But none active. 10 years. But nothing industry-wide in last 2+. Any ideas?

2. megadon

megadon

get in touch with walter you worked for him once

3. Sorry, but I never had his number, nor did I work for him. I may have said I interviewed as a trader, but only took a position months later after a separate interview for the agency desk. The only Bruan involved in our desk was Sloan, whom I have nothing bad to say about. She was great to me and the people on the desk, worked hard, laughed hard, expected us to do the same. As long as we worked hard and did things right in crunch time, she treated us with respect, down to the day when she told us they were downsizing & had to let us go.

I don't know if I can hold out until 2007. I am trying now to retake exams for the licenses that have expired. But if anything pops up between now and two years from now, maybe you could post it and fill me in.