How To Get A Job At A Hedge Fund (Forbes article)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pikachu9, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I got my start when screwing the HF manager's daughter. Anyone can do it, the door and the legs are always open...

2. That's good networking! Pics needed

3. chimera

chimera

i'd rather get a job at physical commodities trading house...that's where the action seems to be these days.

4. yeah, after the SAC washout, hedge funds may be over,,,,

5. monty09

monty09

What action? Those guys are hurting too

6. your foot in what door? Your door to your basement "elite trading room with 23 monitors"? Lol. No need to reply, past a quick recap of your past posts I came to the conclusion that nothing you could possibly say would change my mind about where you work and how much capital you generate from trading, lol.

7. 2rosy

2rosy

thats where the action has always been

8. the action in terms of upcoming SEC and commodity regulatory body enforcement actions and possible law suits? (LME scandals, warehousing, Gold manipulation, Chinese commodity import reporting manipulations,...you name it)

Hedge funds are far from "over". There have been countless such incidents in the past and those have neither shaken the hedge fund foundations. As long as traditional buy side fund houses maintain their retarded long-only policies and do not start to offer more long-short and alternative asset funds the hedge fund industry will stay strong and even further grow. Where else do people want to chase yield? Gold? ;-)

#10     Aug 3, 2013