How to get a Bloomberg Subscription?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TGregg, Feb 14, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

OK, you guys have convinced me to give Bloomerg's newsfeed a try. Problem is, I couldn't find a way to subscribe. I'm using InteractiveBrokers and Tradestation, neither seem to have this service. Checked Bloomberg's website, could not find a pay for newsfeed option.

Any thoughts on how I can spend some more money?

2. TGregg

TGregg

OMFG, they must really be expensive. :(. Thanks for the info though, uptik.

3. i think its around $1500 a month

4. Guerilla

Guerilla

I also have TS6 and IB along with Bloomberg. You will have to contact a salesperson. You have the option of subscribing to their service either for use on your hardware or theirs. I use their hardware at no extra cost: PC with 2 vertical 15" flats. It's expensive: $1700/mo now.

5. Babak

Babak

Guerilla,

just curious, is the price the same all around the world?

6. Guerilla

Guerilla

As far as I know, Bloomberg has a single price policy for all subscribers, whether retail or institutional. I'd guess that the price is the same everywhere but don't know whether there may be differences between NY, Tokyo, Jakarta, etc.

7. If you do enough volume, you should ask your Clearing Firm or FCM to softdollar it for you.

Dr. Zhivodka

8. what is considered enough volume to justify getting your bloomberg soft dollared?? if a group (4) does over 10 million/ month, should they be entitled to this service??