How to gain weight fast

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blackmarch103, May 31, 2018.

1. Hi. I'm a pretty skinny man. So I found a lot of ways to gain weight. But there is no effective way. Anyone know any way?

2. Eat pizza before bedtime. :) That really does work.

However building muscle is an alternative. I used to work with a guy who was really skinny, it was remarkable how he bulked up at the gym. Hardly anyone recognised him.

rocketman987 likes this.
  3. You can't go wrong with pancakes, butter and syrup:

upload_2018-5-31_11-32-24.jpeg

Unless you're going to get all particular about the kind of weight you want to gain.

But now that you mention it, what are some of the many ways you found to gain weight, but not effectively?

bullmarket79 and Slartibartfast like this.
  4. Unrecognizable? I'm guessing he probably had a bit of help, and I'm not talking about a spotter.

5. I actually asked and he said naturally, his GF agreed. It was just so surprising there was that much bulking possible considering how thin armed & skinny he seemed before.

Certainly he was buying the usual protein powders etc. but I think even he was surprised there was that much bulk to add.

6. While it's not impossible, I don't think I'd bet my lunch money on such a huge change being natural. A lot of people who take steroids or their equivalent deny it. In fact, the Internet is littered with people who deny ever having taken drugs but their physiques are larger and more lean than some bodybuilders of the past who have been known to use. Again, I won't say it's impossible regarding your friend, but when I hear hoofbeats I think horses, not zebras.

For example, several months ago, I was having an exchange on exercise with another member in another thread. He insisted that a guy he knew personally never took steroids, because this fellow told him so. Here is a picture of this supposed natural bodybuilder in his younger years:

[​IMG]

I very much doubt that his physique is natural. There were known steroid users in his day who didn't look like that. It's not so much the size, although that's part of it. But a drug-assisted physique has a certain look.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Clubber Lang and Slartibartfast like this.
  7. I agree, maybe you are correct. He was big but not really bodybuilder however there was a strong holy feck! when I saw him a after year gap. I had left the company and gone traveling. This was in England. He got into longbow archery since then I think.

8. Which ways have you tried thus far?

9. It is important not only to train a lot, but also to eat in a proper way. It is better to count calories. I recommend to check this website. It helped me a lot when I was gaining muscles as I wanted to make some parts of my body bigger. It can provide you with much useful information on how to do exercises and what nutrition you need. Hope it helps!

10. Arnie

Arnie

Hot dogs, peanuts and beer

#10     Aug 22, 2018