How to "fix" the U.S. economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by shbhanda, Jul 7, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

I live as a conservative an a liberal town that is located in a liberal county that is in a liberal state. I'm surrounded by not-so-smart leftists 24x7x365. So who am I supposed to revolt against?

The minute you give up on democracy you are in huge trouble. If conservative ideas have merit let them take hold or be rejected based on those merits. I'm not interested in coverting liberals to conservatism at the end of a rifle.

#21     Jul 7, 2010
  2. This assumes they want it fixed and they don't. Modern day pharaoh's won't have it. America has maybe one more generation before the collapse of our country as we know it. The frog is already boiled and too weak to jump out. Talk of revolution is empty rhetoric. Who amongst us has the courage to take the first hit? Who will lead the charge? We are weak, we are afraid, and we'll do as we're told. Everybody here know's it, and most importantly, so do the pharoh's. It's over!

#22     Jul 7, 2010
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Spot on. My dad inherited a 3rd generation paper-conversion factory that later went bankrupt in the '07 downturn, due in large part, to Chinese/Indian competition. Our top industrialists and politicians literally sold us out. An interesting read is the plant locations of the US Big 3 auto makers. Reads like a travel brochure to South America or Eastern Europe. Every US car sold overseas should be made in America. That's our edge - aerospace, cars, computers, drugs, heavy equipment. Or, if we keep the auto-pact, equally weighted across G8 manufacturers. Instead, we've got Brazil making Fords for America. GM and Ford building plants in China, for the Chinese. US brands made all across eastern Europe and Asia that could be made here, in the United States. It's death to the American economy. The real estate bubble fooled a lot of people. Now it's coming home to roost. Look at Walmart. Everything "Made in China". All our tech hardware is overseas. FOXCONN contract manufacturers nearly the entire production line for Dell, HP, IBM, and Apple!! Taiwan and Shenzhen, China. They're China's biggest exporter!!! Of our shit !! It's a nightmare. Now the H1-B's and Indian software engineers are descending on what's left of Silicon Valley. These Fortune 100 big shots really fucked us good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GM_factories
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories

#23     Jul 7, 2010
  4. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

Read this thread please if you haven't already, I am sure you will find some answers to your questions:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202316

As for the gas, milk, groceries...You are now working too, right? Once no money---> you wouldn't pay for anything to these people and they wouldn't pay you either for anything. You would work for free, so would they. You would earn $00/hr, so would they...it's a win win situation. Money does not do anything but getting in the way of progress and having a healthy happy life for all.

Also, don't we now work just to pay for all this stuff you mentioned and to put food on the table for our families, and take them on a vacation once in a while? Yes we do. So remember, It's the WORK that matters and guarantees you will have food, milk, car, clothes, house, vacation...not the money and economy. I understand the 'no-money' concept is so hard for many to comprehend.

#24     Jul 7, 2010
  5. achilles28

achilles28

It's called the honor system, and it doesn't work because people cheat. That's why Communism failed. People weren't rewarded for their efforts, and weren't penalized for their failures. So Russians fucked the dog habitually, because they still got a paycheck. Until it became systemic because everyone figured why carry the other guys water. If he doesn't work, why should I? Then the entire system crashed because nobody produced much of value.

The basic tenet here is people don't work for free. Capitalism works because humans are inherently self-serving. Either via evolution or God, we're hardwired for self-preservation. Better you than me. Now, if you want some type of obligation unit where people trade hours of work, yea. But that's just a debt-less variation of the system we already have, although, better.

#25     Jul 7, 2010
  6. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

#26     Jul 7, 2010
  7. Why do you continue to demonstrate a basic grasp of reality in so many different ways?

#27     Jul 7, 2010
  8. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

Good question...yeah maybe I should just stop it and leave it to time:(

#28     Jul 7, 2010
  9. olias

olias

'Money' is not a 'myth'. It's a human invention. And the invention was vital to societal progress. You're on a financial website and you're going to tell us that the answer is do away with money and go back to the barter system....that's the most ludicrous thing I think I've ever read on here, and that's saying something. I gotta put you on ignore because I'm just going to be frustrated and irritated by hearing any more of your bright ideas

#29     Jul 7, 2010
  10. sosueme

sosueme

Money and the illusion of money(credit) is POWER and the people who prefer to meddle in power rather than address their own lives are not going to give it up.

The mess that we currently find ourselves in is the over-run from the Industrial age where manufacturing, mining and farming provided an ideal income base for extending credit.

This period is OVER and so there is nothing to fix.

We are heading into the robotic age where these little creatures ask for nothing more than an oil and grease occasionally (mind you, don't we all)

What to do with the teeming hordes of unemployed is the question we should be addressing.

Idle hands and minds get up to mischief

#30     Jul 7, 2010