How to "fix" the U.S. economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by shbhanda, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Partly true.

Manufacturers are always seeking "greater productivity"... more output per man/hr. And the better the productivity, the less labor is needed.

A bigger factor is that "outsourcing" brought 500 million low labor-cost workers into the manufacturing and service work force to compete for our [former] 30 million or so "well-paying, middle-class" jobs. America will NEVER overcome this, regardless, with current economic and tax policies.

The 17% unemployed/underemployed we currently have will remain so indefinitely... for most of those who eventually find work it will be of the minimum wage variety.

All of America will suffer a decline in our standard of living as we adjust. Our former Humpty Dumpty can't be put back together again.... not even by all the King's horses and all the King's men.

#11     Jul 7, 2010
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Over-employment means jobs abound for Americans to pay their own way. States could implement their own healthcare/welfare programs, if they want. The entire idea is to reassert the 10th Amendment and get the parasitic federal government off the backs of the American people so the new growth we desperately need, can happen.

As for a possible revolution, the Government is playing with fire, and they know it. They also know D-Day was 20 years ago, and there's no way the debt ever gets paid unless we outright default or print. Both will end with unemployment > 20-25%. It's a confidence game now, and they're just buying time. Their ace in the hole is a brainwashed military-police apparatus that's 4 generations ahead their next rival. If things ever went hot, and God forbid it does, the American military would get called in to quell "domestic terrorists". That's their plan, anyway. Whether or not enough serving military will go along, is another story. The gun confiscation in New Orleans was their dry run. And they did it. Now, they just need to expand it. What they'll probably do is maintain a few wars around the globe, profile the troops, send the good ones overseas, and deploy the bad ones amenable to shooting Americans, to the Reichland. And that's *if* things go to seed. Never know. Americans might just lay down and give up their rights when the Prez vows a steak on every table with unemployment @ >25%. They did it after OKC, 911, and 2009. Who knows.

#12     Jul 7, 2010
  3. Well maybe that is what America needs. To go down in a big bloodbath revolution and be reborn again but stronger.

Like the Phoenix.

A phoenix is a mythical bird that is a fire spirit with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self.

#13     Jul 7, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

That's the plan: order out of chaos. But going backward, not forward. They want serfs. Not a middle class. It's about control. Not money.

#14     Jul 7, 2010
  5. achilles28

achilles28

+2

#15     Jul 7, 2010
  6. achilles28

achilles28

That's right. That's the problem.

#16     Jul 7, 2010
  7. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

The whole world economies, specially the US, are shattered and ineffective and all need to be fixed right now. Unemployment is seen everywhere, in Spain over 20% which is horrendous, so is the situation in the US. 15+ million jobless in USA + 1.5+ million in Canada + xx million in Spain+ xx million in Iran+ xx million in UK + ... = over 210 million people are unemployed across the globe according to The International Labour Organization (ILO). I highly doubt this number is correct as I believe the actual number of people who are willing and capable of doing work, but unemployed now, is way way higher than this.

Q: So how to fix the economies and put all these people to work?

A: Get rid of the money and it all will be fixed automatically overnight! No more money---> no more unemployment, no more debts, no more economy, no more tax, no more Ph.D's in economics from Harvard and Princeton, etc! I wish people would just understand this:mad:

I have said it before in another thread, Money is a myth as much as "God" is, once both out of your life, you would then be free to think, act, work, and enjoy life:)

#17     Jul 7, 2010
  8. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

OMFGod, keep this nonsense to yourself. Mankind has seen enough bloodshed, enough is enough.

#18     Jul 7, 2010
  9. Some small minds (including government) often say, "we need to innovate our way out of our problems". However, the real money is not in innovation... it's in manufacturing... and we gave much of ours away to Chindia in the reach for short-term profits. :(

#19     Jul 7, 2010
  10. TheMan

TheMan

so then

say i want to go fill up my tank with gas, do i just blow the guy instead of paying him money?

or what if i need to go to the store to pick up some milk and bread, do i just shake the managers hand and say ' thanks man i owe you one?

pretty sure that wouldn't work out very well

#20     Jul 7, 2010