How to find Short Interest data on TWS?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by congrats, Feb 5, 2020.

1. congrats

congrats

Anyone aware that IBKR quietly removed Short Interest data from TWS recently.
    It was available earlier, but now it's not.
    Let me know if anybody has access to it on TWS.
    Find the screenshot for Short Interest chart on TWS.

2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Looks. Like you're using older tws... It's been removed from newest versions for a while.

And with this last stupid update they introduced a ridiculous new fundamentals explorer and removed the float information

3. cause the information is detrimental to their business.
    zero voluem okay

you the only trader and zero volume in the last 3 days. that is how illiquid some stocks or even futures contracts actually are and heard 99% of the volume is just machines buying and selling stocks and futures for fees or extract spreads or something there is no real volume or activity.
    the info I want is who is buying those shares. they won't release that info.

like is the buying real buyers or just traders or market makers or machines or or shorts covering. etc.
    who is selling traders or investors

why pay for worthless real time information like level two garbage. level 2 for some stocks is fake BS same with pay any data,,,fake data.. your paying for fake data.

4. congrats

congrats

Yes, i use older but stable and working version without any flaws.
    I didn't know that it has been removed from the newest versions.....thanks for sharing....
    Its not a good that the updated TWS version is missing the great fundamental analysis parameter.

Scanman likes this.
  5. kakao

kakao

I think it is such shame for IB that we are paying such high costs for datas but to see Short Interest we need to go to finviz or other 3. part websites...

It is just bad!

6. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

It really is a joke. And the new fundamentals explorer they're releasing is a colorful mess

7. congrats

congrats

hahaha.....enjoyy the mess... Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 8.09.33 PM.png

8. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Enjoy your ancient ugky version of tws

But seriously, I thought they disabled short interest from the stable version as well?

9. congrats

congrats

ancient is STABLE...Old is Gold :D

10. Robx

Robx

Hi Congrats, what TWS version are you using? You still have ShortInterest data?

#10     Sep 29, 2020