How to find a mentor?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by hermit_trader, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Best mentor will teach me what he feels is the best thing for me to know. Method, psychology, analysis I take all what will be offered to me with gratitude.
    And I will compensate my mentor from my future trading .

#11     Dec 27, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Well, since you're canvassing ET for mentors, why not audition prospects? Start a journal and see who comes up with intelligent suggestions, then PM whomever you choose. No guarantees, but it beats writing blank checks.

#12     Dec 27, 2003
  3. I am not canvassing for mentors but if someone is interested in mentoring me, I am here .

#13     Dec 27, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

"When the student is ready, the teacher appears." - Chinese proverb.

#14     Dec 27, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Whatever word you use to describe it, my suggestion stands.

#15     Dec 27, 2003
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Whatever works best for one person will not always work the best for another...so when I do mentoring, as an example, I always try to work with that individual and find what will work for them. I do tell them what I do and how I do it, but in most cases that is not what ends up working best for them.

Brandon

#16     Dec 27, 2003
  7. Promises, promises ... lol

#17     Dec 29, 2003
  8. I think this is the best way, there is only so much you can do.

#18     Dec 29, 2003

9. this is good :)

i think it's easier to form mentorship relationships if you have something to barter. for example, edge related knowledge, technical expertise ala programming, or research time. these are valuable things to exchange with other traders, most have all three, but many have more of one or the other. try to make an exchange.

#19     Dec 29, 2003

10. I guess it all comes down to this:

Why are you in the market?

(1.) To make $$$
    (2.) because you think you can figure it out?

If you answered #1 then simply find someone who is winning and trade along side of them.

If you answered #2 then good luck to you but I don't think you will be able to figure it out and you will lose $$ in the process.

I chose #1 and I have been making $$$$ since the 1st day that I started with the guy here at ET in the MENTOR journal "SCALPING 101".

One of the ways that you know that the guy is one of the best is because he is among the most flamed here at ET for giving away tutoring for free with no strings attached.

Another way that you know the guy is good is because he has posted literally hundreds of trades here at ET and is one of the best if not the best daytrader I have ever seen.

I follow his everytrade and I make $$$ most of the time.
    I'm glad that I decided to follow him rather than continuing to lose money on my own.

Check him out and see for yourself.

If not, good luck. you will need it.

#20     Dec 29, 2003