How to find a Mentor for swing trading?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Deb Trader, Jan 6, 2003.

1. was actually referring to TA classes, option classes and certain trading classes that they offered in past years. Not swing trading per se. And they now offer slightly less curriculum, but still some good ones; with quality teachers. For example, was lucky enough to take option studies with Sheldon Natenber; he still teaches there b.t.w.

U can call for a brochure 312-930-1000 (edu. dept).

But lest it sound like I'm trying to puff... let me say the regardless of who teaches you how to swing the 'golf club', you still have to go out and execute correctly each time, not to mention never stop planning, preparing, practicing, learning to be consistently better, imo. And enjoy it more.

Guess I look at it like surfing (which I cannot do well at all, but always wanted to master after watching Point Break about a dozen times)... ! U keep searching for the perfect ride, the prefect wave... And although I (like anyone who has traded) have at times thought about quitting after drawdowns... the search for the 'Endless Summer' of trading, goes on! One full year of near perfection! Before I can RIP
    <LOL>

:cool:

#11     Jan 11, 2003
  2. #12     Jan 11, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

I see Shelly about once a month at a Bridge club. I will ask him about these...

I was under the impression that he was no longer after the small fish.

nitro

#13     Jan 11, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

ice,

Thx!

nitro

#14     Jan 11, 2003
  5. Say hi to Warren and Bill for me at your next bridge club.

#15     Jan 11, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Bill is really getting in to Bridge. I saw him at the World Champioships in Canada last summer. He is improving fast and is extremely competitive...

I have never seen Warren at the games, although I have heard some neat stories about him.

Apparently, he went to a tornament and ended up getting matched up with an older lady as a partner. She had no idea who he was. They had a good game together and chatted about each others life. The lady told Warren that she was going in to have surgery and was very apprehensive. When she came out of surgery, she had a room full of gourgeous flowers from floor to ceiling, signed, Warren Buffet.

nitro

#16     Jan 11, 2003
  7. he's teaching a one-day class Feb22nd... was 6 weeks when I attended.

My mother's a life master... so naturally I took bridge classes years ago, but never followed up... sometimes wish I did. How long U been playing?

#17     Jan 11, 2003
  8. sh'es like the "older lady" in your story

>LOL>

#18     Jan 11, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

20 years.

Want a secret? Learn to play Brigdge well. Not only will it help your trading, it is "insurance for your old age" (quoting my wife) and the contacts you make in the trading world are amazing (some of the biggest options traders in the world are expert Bridge players and or huge patrons of the game.) In gact, my job at the MERC was an through Bridge players I met....

nitro

#19     Jan 12, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

Kewl.

My wife and I met at the Bridge table. I can't tell you how it has affected my life...

nitro

#20     Jan 12, 2003