How to find a guide For trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by etradeqeko, Aug 9, 2018.

1. smallfil

smallfil

One more thing that I never was able to figure out. She is a doctor and she is a smart woman. I have asked her this simple question: Why can't you see a simple trend in a stockchart? Be it uptrend or downtrend. You are a smart person who should be able to figure out the trend of a stock on a stockchart by just looking at it! It is not rocket science or anything hard. To this day, she still has that problem.

#11     Aug 9, 2018
  2. greg500

greg500

Thank you so much for explaining.. the parlayed with fear makes a strong point..

The unwillingness to adjust is also a major psychological error..

I’m sorry that she lost so much money..

Please know that I will read these posts again.. great reinforcement to dump the losing positions .

Greg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    #12     Aug 9, 2018
  3. smallfil

smallfil

The frustrating part in all this for me is she had $1,000,000 and wasted it! She could have made hundreds of thousands of dollars easily. If only she listened to me! Arrogance and Ego got in her way! She could not accept that her trades were bad and need to be cut to save capital. Ignoring risk management parameters in our trading plan which is 2% limit per trade. If she just stuck to the risk management portion of the trading plan, she would have still lost monies but, not $1,000,000. Maybe, she would have lost a couple of tens of thousands instead!

#13     Aug 9, 2018
    greg500 likes this.
  4. smallfil

smallfil

$1,000,000 x 2% is $20,000 per trade. That should have been her proper trade size. Not hundreds of thousands per trade!

#14     Aug 9, 2018
    greg500 likes this.
  5. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

It’s going to take work. The “holy grail,” is staring you in the face.

#15     Aug 9, 2018
    greg500 likes this.
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's my understanding under Federal Law that dealer desks and hedge funds must accept all candidates and any discrimination due to lack of intelligence, pedigree, education or lack of market knowledge is strictly prohibited under statute 97.1 of the US Labor Law.

#16     Aug 9, 2018
  7. comagnum

comagnum

How to find a guide For trading

upload_2018-8-9_20-46-11.png

#17     Aug 10, 2018
    fordewind likes this.
  8. carrer

carrer

Women don't make good traders. It's biology and statistics, not misogynistic.

#18     Aug 10, 2018
  9. Simples

Simples

Any sources for this opinion?

#19     Aug 10, 2018
  10. smallfil

smallfil

There are good traders out there who are women including, day traders. My friend who is a woman failed because she refused to follow the trading plan. She tried to wing it on her own.
    Her total disregard for risk management, not risking more than 2% per trade is single largest reason she lost so much. If she observed risk management, she would not have lost $1,000,000. Maybe, $100,000 at the most or even less that!

#20     Aug 10, 2018