How to find a good broker ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by vash.amethyste, Mar 1, 2008.

1. HOBO

HOBO

What are the commissions on MONEP stock options with French brokers?

#21     Mar 2, 2008
  2. ssss

ssss

cvds16

I won't bother replying to your nonsense ...
    ########################
    Dear Sir

What was stated from author is not the matter of the fact ,which would accepted from SEC ?

If you state about your trading acitivities in 50000 contracts by IBKR only ,can you give SEC signatured statement ?

######################
    Your statement -

repeat there have been years when I traded over 50000 options through IB, they offer everything one can wish for at
    an incridebly low price
    ##################################

In all another case's author would think ,that all what you stated is not another as instrumental lies for objective to win client for IBKR .

Best wish ...

#22     Mar 2, 2008
  3. there are 3 brokers (???) in france :

online trader -
    1.50€ euronext.liffe paris
    2.20€ euronext.liffe amsterdam

boursorama -
    29.90€ euronext.liffe paris

etrade -
    9.90/19.90 + contract
    but etrade is in a bad period.

there is not choice to trade options/stocks from the world (and the in particularity the usa) in france/europe

#23     Mar 2, 2008
  4. cvds16

cvds16

Paranoia is a mental disease, SEEK HELP !

#24     Mar 2, 2008
  5. I compare IB, MBT and TOS.

IB is cheaper but very bad service and communication

MBT with good price but not informations on service and communication

TOS very good communication and service, but the price is high (2.95$ min to option or 9.90$ + 1.50 by contract and 0.015$/share with min 5.00$ to stock)

very hard to make a choice

#25     Mar 12, 2008
  6. MTE

MTE

You can negotiate with TOS, if you do reasonable volume. Ask them!

#26     Mar 12, 2008
  7. Yes I have just 30,000$ ... I want make 1 or 2 two trade by day on option and 3/4 on stock

#27     Mar 12, 2008
  8. cvds16

cvds16

If you know a bit what you are doing and read the manual before you start you won't have any problems with IB, they are great, been there almost 8 years now ...

#28     Mar 12, 2008
  9. ssss

ssss

TOS very good communication and service, but the price is high (2.95$ min to option or 9.90$ + 1.50 by contract and 0.015$/share with min 5.00$ to stock)

very hard to make a choice

1. IBKR is market-maker ,MBT - ...company undertake proprietary trading activities

IBKR price by direct routin 1.75$

TOS price negotiable 1.5$ sole
    contract ,no minimum ,you can disscuss that

2. Divide accounts' and not put all capital

take only 20-25% from your 30000$
    and put in three accounts .

More multiple small attempt are better as one great. It would good from psyxological point of view

All by public noted pure agent with direct routing

AMTD,OXPS ,TOS
    3. Perform one year test with real time paper simulator
    TOS and OXPS offer that

4. Use different promoution by account opening .

Your respectfully

#29     Mar 12, 2008
  10. cvds16

cvds16

once again lots of bullshit by sss
    what do I care about the fact that IB has a market maker division ? I don't give a $$$$, they have chinese walls between their trading division and brokerage division. I put in my own price and they make sure through smart that it gets well directed and more importantly cheaply (you won't be able to beat them with the amount you want to trade and the number of trades you are going to do), I've done tens of thousands option trades often with trades of 50-100 lots or more at a time with IB, never had any problem.
    What's more if you divide your portfolio over many accounts you won't have the same flexibility as you are in risk of getting problems with de PDT-rule if you close and open positions too frequently on the same day. Neither will you be able to hedge properly with the underlying for the same reasons or you won't have enough margin.
    people like sss probably haven't done any real trades with over 10 lots, his speciality is legal discussions with the SEC about his contests with papertading accounts ...

#30     Mar 12, 2008