How to Exploit Randomness

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Roark, Mar 1, 2011.

1. This is a good question. I am against dealing with noise. The task of a good trader IMO is risk management: increase risk when market risk drops and lower risk when market risk increases. This is the reason I am currently flat. I see no high probability setup. I see only risk from random geopolitical developments.

#31     Mar 2, 2011
  2. It's easy to say the trend is your friend, because it is.

The hard part is what's the current trend, a much more difficult question.

#32     Mar 2, 2011
  3. lol @ the guru ambiguity in this thread.

#33     Mar 2, 2011

4. dont you know we are all financial prophets...

#34     Mar 2, 2011
  5. :D

Or set up Gann`s SQ-9 tool, enter swing low and swing high, pick-up the numbers and use this price values as a knee-jerk points.It`s almost 100% guarantee you are gonna make 2 or 3 ticks in profint around those numbers.

#35     Mar 2, 2011
  6. :D :D

#36     Mar 2, 2011
  7. warrren buffet says that be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy.

This guy has much more financial wisdom more than any of us here. So that means:

a.) if trend is your friend, it may not so. because when anybody is greedy it drives the trend up that wise man says you should be fearful.

b.) it would be wiser to trade when everyone is fearful, so that means you should better spot the bottom instead of looking at the current. This is usually where the highest profits are obtained.

#37     Mar 2, 2011
  8. Pretty sure Buffet doesn't use MACD or other indicators.

#38     Mar 3, 2011