How to evaluate my trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by richk, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

No, I am quite sober and stand by everything I said.

As I pointed out in the posts above, I browsed the book in the crapper at Borders - it was a good laxative.

So now my arguments are falsified because I never read this book, but you have never read the books or been a client of this guy? Are you the one that is smoking something? Are you sure you are a programmer because it is hard to believe you can think logically with that statement.

Fine, then make the trading sheets available everyday to the clients using the typical sheets that we all get from our broker/firm that show the instrument traded, the time of day, the number of shares, etc of each trade. If all those things are true, then make it available each and every day!

I have no idea if he is a crappy trader or not. I have no idea if you are a crappy trader or not. That is not what is at issue and again one wonders if you are able to form premises based on what you read. If you ran a chatroom or were otherwise involved in selling trading advice, I would hold you to the same standards that I am trying to get him and all other chatroom operators to come to realize. It has nothing to do with his trading, althought the fact that he does not supply these documents openly speaks volumes to me that he can't trade.

Blotters by themselves from traders are meaningless. Read that again many times. Or maybe let me put it more clearly for you:

for(;;)
    ---->Blotters by themselves from traders are meaningless.

The only way to verify your trading results is by your firm. PERIOD. That's why even though I recommend giving out the statements each day to the chatroom clients, the end of year audit also needs to be done.

I agree that most on ET realize who the quality people are. Included in those are not chatroom operators in my experience.

nitro

#51     Jul 13, 2005
  2. You might be a very good trader, and good guy overall (I don't
    mean in trading business, because no one have any obligation
    to reveal secrets, because trading is dog eat dog business).

Again anyone can be a good trader, but doesn't mean he
    can teach good, or might have no intention of teaching
    realy

Don't take it personal, some facts only.
    It's my time to attack somethingelse (not you). Bye :p

#52     Jul 13, 2005
  3. Threei

Threei

Well Nana.. we will have to agree to disagree. Trading to me is NOT "dog eat dog" business; there are NO "secrets" to hide or reveal; I happen to have plenty of proof that I am effective teacher. On "bye" part we can agree... :cool:

#53     Jul 13, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

Yeah, so effective a teacher that you still have clients from four years ago that can't let go of mama duck. BWAHAHAHAHHAH :D

You sound more like a drug than a teacher to me. A good teacher would be encouraging his students to go out into the world on their own. Otherwise, they, like children, stay at home all their lives with mommy and daddy and then you are just an enabler and a false teacher, all while "innocently" taking their money.

nitro :D

#54     Jul 13, 2005
  5. Threei

Threei

Or, so effective that people make enough to not even consider room cost an expense, and stay there for zillion of other than continue to learn reasons, of which one-tracked mind can't think, or doesn't get in troubles to think. Like: exchange of ideas; having more eyes on the market; sense of community. Or they simply see it as an expense that makes sense to them from cost-benefit point of view.

Then, there are plenty of those that left after they obtained what they came for and years after that fire me e-mail every few months; and those that come back once in a while to reinforce something; and of course those that left because they found another style of trading that suited them better. Wow, it seems people have so many diferent ways to approach things, and not everyone acts and thinks as nitro thinks they should... heh

#55     Jul 13, 2005
  6. nitro

nitro

If they stay there for all those years you are a lousy teacher imo. All you have done is show them how to trade the markets today if they need to come back for more ideas. I have never gone into a chatroom in my life and yet I can form a premise and test it. No need for chatroom operators for ideas.

I agree with you that just because I am able to do this it may not be true of others. However, I wonder how much of what you do is akin to what a drug dealer does - give potential clients a very addictive drug, then once addicted never encourage them to leave and ring the cash register forever.

Besides, the issue of whether you are a good teacher or not is not at the forefront of my problem with chatroom operators like you. What is:

POST YOUR SHEETS EACH AND EVERY MORNING TO YOUR ClIENTS IN YOUR CHATROOM. At the end of the year, have an outside firm audit what you said in the chatroom and what you actually did in the markets.

nitro

#56     Jul 13, 2005
  7. EricP

EricP

A few comments, then you can have the last word.

I am sure that a significant amount of work would be required to tabulate, format and double-check for accuracy for a traders trading record daily. I know that I don't do that for my own trading, much less upload it to an internet site and maintain the site/links, etc. It is not my place, or yours, to tell Vad what he must do with his time, in running his business.

He educates traders on his techniques or methods. Those that don't like his educational abilities are free to leave at any time, I suspect.

You suggest that he must post daily trade sheets or be written off as a snakeoil salesman. Do demand daily trade sheets posted on the internet from your mutual fund company? I doubt it. Did you demand to see the academic credentials and transcripts from your high school or college teachers? I doubt it. Have you demand that Baron indicate the names of all advertisers on this site, as well as the monthly fee paid by each? I doubt it.

Independent businessmen are free to run their businesses in the manner that they choose. Until they call me for mentoring, I will not push unsolicited advice, much less demand what <b>they</b> must do with <b>their</b> business.

I've got a thought for you, if you really want to test this out further, nitro. Post a poll on ET:

"Who do you think is more knowledgeable about trading and a better asset to ET?

a) Nitro
    b) Threei (Vadym)
    c) They both suck
    d) They are both great
    e) Not sure (not familiar with both of them)"

The results might surprise you about what the ET community thinks. I'm done. Flame away if you must.

-Eric

#57     Jul 13, 2005
  8. Weasel

Weasel

Look at your bank account

#58     Jul 13, 2005
  9. Excuse me for the interupption, but I would like to answer too, if I may..

You suggest that he must post daily trade sheets or be written off as a snakeoil salesman.

Seems reasonable to me.

Do demand daily trade sheets posted on the internet from your mutual fund company? I doubt it.

I don't use em'

Did you demand to see the academic credentials and transcripts from your high school or college teachers? I doubt it.

high school no, However I did begin to question in community college.

Have you demand that Baron indicate the names of all advertisers on this site, as well as the monthly fee paid by each? I doubt it.

Baron does not take my money

I think the best suggestion, was to come on over to the ET chatroom for a day...a week.....Wouldn't it be a nice interlude for threei's members to be able to come over for a while. It seem like fun and could be very profitable for threei

#59     Jul 13, 2005
  10. nitro

nitro

No question about it. It would be an expense, although most of it trivial. Most of the infrastructure is already in place. Take a look at the expense these people make to keep up their website going. I could post my statements to a website in about ten minutes of work each day. The end of year audit would be a non-trivial expense, but hey, it's tax deductable.

For sure. That is a good thing and ultimately what matters. And that is the argument the SEC probably makes to themselves. The SEC says something like: these people pay $200 to find out if these chatroom operators are full of shit or not. Surely they can tell soon thereafter whether it is money well spent? And if they can't, well then God bless them.

I can't come up with a good argument against that, only that I still am the man I am and I will continue my efforts to make that part of this business cleaner.

You are slipping here. Mutual Fund companies do not give trading advice. When you go into them, you know that the fund implements a particular strategy.

As to academic credentials, while I may not get them, the hiring process at the school does. There is a trail of accountability. At a chatroom operator, there is none.

The advertisers on this website are not selling trading advice. When I go to Schwab, or Interactive Brokers or whatever, they advertise a product. When I use that product, I get EXACTLY what they said they would give me. It is amazing to me that you are using these examples, but I will continue with this charade.

He can run his business anyway he wants until the SEC says differently. I of course have the right to give my opinion on the business any way I see fit.

Well, you have the right to post such a poll as you please. It makes no difference to me one way or the other if 37,500 of ET responded any of the five choices. My trading stands on it's own when I struggle and fall, and when I suceed and collect.

You seem to be worried about what people think of you - I just want the truth.

nitro

#60     Jul 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.