How to evaluate my trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by richk, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

Oh, Ok. So then you don't prove that you can trade everyday, but instead give out calls that are unverified. :D

I didn't think you would take the chance to come into a neutral room and give out your "calls."

The record stands.

Like I said, best of luck to any more suckers you snare in your web of snakeoil.

nitro

#41     Jul 12, 2005
  2. Threei

Threei

I am totally lost... does anyone read what I say? I DID post my records for years. They ARE on line for anyone to see.

#42     Jul 12, 2005
  3. Vad/Threei,

Ok, I understand. Please do not be mad at me.

It's just that you could solve all of this by posting your personal trade blotter. It would be a good thing..

I wish someone would stand up to Nitro...You can do it!

Michael B.

#43     Jul 12, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

POST THEM EVERY YEAR. NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY, BUT WHAT YOU DO TODAY. THEN MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET YOURSELF AUDITED AND SHOW YOUR AUDITED STATEMENT TO YOUR CLIENTS EVERY YEAR.

This is soooo critical for a chatroom operator, it should be self evident. I am astonished that the SEC doesn't require it, but if they did, every single chatroom operator under the auspices of the SEC would shut down within a year.

The record stands on your garbage.

nitro

#44     Jul 12, 2005
  5. Threei

Threei

Michael,

look... people have different criteria that guide their action and their evaluation for action of others. I for one believe that my track record is much more significant that "one day blotter". I did way more than that. Now, for someone (like our kind and friendly nitro) that blotter may be more important - it's his right, but so is my right to live my life and run my business by my, and not his, criteria.

Additionaly, as I said already - I don't feel I have to oblige someone who insults me in every post. Agree that there is a world of difference between civilized "I looked at what you do and, sorry, it's not matching my idea" on one side, and all the garbage that comes out of his angry and derogatory posts. I may respectfully agree to disagree with someone who acts in a way of former or I may decide to do what he asks for - my decision. But there is no way I will go out of my way for someone who acts in a latter manner. Don't you think you would have reacted in the same way? I don't know about your profession (aside of trading), but there must be something you achieved in it that you are proud of. Someone comes and calls it a garbage not even looking at it, then adds "and you are a con artist". Now tell me that you will run around proving him that your work is good and you are an honest man and I won't believe you - I believe you will just shrug... which is what I do :)

#45     Jul 13, 2005
  6. nitro

nitro

Yeah,

Sure you believe your track record is more significant than the blotter - If I were in the business of creating the myth that I can trade, that is what I would do also.

The fact that you mention the words "honest man" in this business shows such a level of disrespect for the people that you are trying to do business with that it is even amazing that you bring it up. All you have to do is look at the countless number of scams that are perpertraded on investors that it has reached record levels. People don't do business on trust, but on the letter of the law. That is why this country has been able to reach the level of wealth that it has, because it has LAWS that are upheld, not on the trust of the parties involved.

What I want and what I am suggesting everyone that tries your service demand is a level of integrity self imposed by chatroom operators that they take upon themselves in order to assure quality to their clients. That means chatroom operators:

1) Take all trades in the market AFTER they are called out in the chatroom.

2) Give realtime access to your blotter during the day

3) Have an outside audit firm confirm that the calls you make are trades you take, not even necessarily every single trade because some will get away from you, but a very large percentage of them.

Unfortunately the SEC allows you to run your business the way you want and their is no law of consequence when it applies to chatroom operators. They assume that anyone with half a brain can figure out for themselves the scam that 99.99999% of all chat rooms run for business are. Too bad, because you would surely be shut down if you were required to take the same trades that you give out in your chatroom and people could see for themselves what your real record in the market is each and every year.

Best of luck to all the suckers that you and your trolls round up here on ET.

nitro

#46     Jul 13, 2005
  7. This book is crap, and seems you had no real intention
    of teaching anything but confusing traders.

I don't know anything about other materials that you
    are offering now.

#47     Jul 13, 2005
  8. Are you threei? Who made recommended his book
    immediately after my negative comment
    http://www.elitetrader.com/bo/index.cfm?action=view&B_ID=81&CatID=1

"I will agree that the last two people's reviews that the Title wasn't clear."

It seems one of the negetive reveiws has been removed. why?

#48     Jul 13, 2005
  9. Threei

Threei

Nana, you already made it known in the past that you disliked the book. So did you about for instance Douglas's Trading in the Zone, so I am in a very good company here as far as I am concerned :D

Don't know why you think some comments were removed, I see all 9 of them there. The way you start your first comment however illustrates that you have no intention to discuss anything, you are out to attack. If so, don't bother to contiinue, I am not engaging in pissing contest.

#49     Jul 13, 2005
  10. EricP

EricP

Nitro,

You are pathetic. I can only hope that your repeated and inflammatory posts on this thread were after a long day of drinking. You are acting like a child.

I don't blame Vad in the least for not responding to your questions. You come on this thread and begin insulting him and his book without having ever even read the book in question.

I have never been a client of Vad, nor have I ever read any of his books. However, I have 'known' Vad for ~5+ years from ET and SI before that and have met him at numerous Trading Expos. Vad is an honest and honorable man and a consistently successful trader. I know he's consistently successful because he has not only posted a long-term audited track record, but it was signed by the broker at the small brokerage firm (Castle Securities) that he and I both used and I recall that broker telling me how good of a trader he was. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. Calling he, or I, a crappy trader doesn't make it true.

It seems to be fun for some on ET to constantly belittle or insult others. When someone 'proves' it, with blotters or audited results, the immediate response is that the 'proof' was fabricated and it not real. There is no way to 'win' these battles, and it makes little sense to fight them. In the long run, the ET community begins to realize who the quality people are on ET, and who are the clueless folks who mouth off anonymously against others with nothing to back their statements. It appears that you, nitro, are one of the latter.

-Eric

#50     Jul 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.