How to duplicate a chart in TOS?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by barata, Dec 5, 2015.

1. barata

barata

It seemed like the quickest way to create a new TOS chart was to make a duplicate of one and then just change the symbol. That would keep the original layout and be real simple. But who knew, I can't find a way to do this simple act. Searching in the TOS Learning Center doesn't find anything, googling produced nothing. I could spend hours reading the charting section in the Learning Center, but perhaps someone here could tell me if it's even possible. Is there actually a way to duplicate a chart?

2. What exactly do you mean by duplicate a chart?

3. barata

barata

A duplicate is an exact copy. So if I have five TOS standalone charts open, and I want to create another one, #6, I would make a duplicate of #5 and then change the symbol. So I would end up with a new chart with the exact layout/colors/indicators as #5, but it would be the #6 with a different symbol.

This would be faster and easier than creating a new quick chart, making it a standalone floating chart, and then loading a layout template into it.

As an example in a different program: in Quotetracker if I right click in the middle of a certain chart a menu opens up and the top choice is "new chart". If I put the cursor on the "new chart" line, a menu window opens next to this menu and it has a bunch of choices: "last used configuration", and then a list of all the chart templates I've created. If I click on "last used configuration", a duplicate chart opens up. It takes 3 seconds to accomplish this. To change the symbol all I have to do it type the symbol on my keyboard and hit enter. That's another 3 seconds.

4. Hooti

Hooti

in the far right upper hand corner, just below the red rectangle with the "x" in it, is a box with 3 horizontal lines. If you click on it you should get several options that start with "show gadget". A few more options down will be "detach". That is the one that duplicates whichever chart you started with.

5. schizo

schizo

Or you can simply save the entire workspace settings, which include charts, drawings, studies, etc. This is especially useful whenever you lose your settings which periodically do happen.

How do I save my platform settings?
    There are a number of ways to save different settings, i.e. drawings, charts, styles, etc. These are saved server-side, meaning they will be persistent regardless of the computer you login with. To save your currrently viewed settings, click on “Setup” in the upper-right corner of the platform, then “Save Workspace as…”, designate a name for the workspace and press OK. These are saved locally to your computer, so they will not be available if you log in using a different computer.

6. barata

barata

Thanks Hooti, that's just what I was looking for. Nice and simple. But who would have thought that "detach" meant "duplicate"...

7. Chewy

Chewy

what does TOS mean. I hate abbreviations. how is anyone to figure out what people are talking about. I can find no clues. thanks for your help. Google comes up with

Terms of Service
    Tree of Savior, a MMORPG created by IMC Games.

of course now I have to find out what MMORPG and IMC mean. insanity.

8. Hooti

Hooti

Think or Swim

9. Chewy

Chewy

nice. thanks . I will remember that.