How to do rollover for NQ in Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dabao91, Jun 9, 2007.

1. dabao91

dabao91

I have NQ Jun2007 position with Interactive Brokers, last week I have to roll over to NQ Sep/2007. How do I do it in ONE order?

Currently,I have to execute one order to sell NQ Jun/2007 and execute another separate order to buy NQ Sep/2007. It is not convenience to do so.

My understanding is that CME support a single Ticker so that I can buy/sell such ticker and will effectively rollover from Jun to Sep. Does any one know if Interactive Brokers support it or not? What is the ticker for rollover NQ? Or does any one have any suggestion?

Please advise me.

Thanks in advance.

2. i dont think anyone has a clue what you're talking about.

Either that or I'm a bloody idiot.

3. Moreagr

Moreagr

change the M into U for sept data?? is that what you wanted?:confused:

4. Gustaf

Gustaf

Inside TWS under menu "Ticker" -> select Futures Rollover

A menu appears that lets you select your contract.

Br Gustaf

5. dhpar

dhpar

I think that's a risk with futures you need to take...

I am pretty sure IB does not support it (if it exist in commoditized form on CME as you suggest). Of course it exists in OTC form but as a retail you are unlikely to be able to access it.
    Anyway even if it exist expect to pay for this convenience (in terms of quoted b/o).

6. dhpar

dhpar

I don't think this is going to roll your position - it will only show new contract you should roll into yourself.

7. Mvic

Mvic

You have to do it the way you suggested leg out of the old and into the new. No self rolling contract that I am aware of.

8. No time to check it out but can't you just build a calendar combo with a short june and long sep. Once you built it it will show as a quoted combo that you can buy or sell like all else. So simple, what am I missing?

Ursa..

9. def

def Sponsor

Correct, easy to do and the spread that appears will be the native exchange roll.

Chose <comb> after entering a symbol. Then when the box appears, choose buy SEP, sell Jun futs and you're all set. A line will then appear on the TWS with the Jun/Sep roll.

10. Type "NQ" in a new data line, select "combination". Put in the appropriate products and create a calendar spread. This should give you the actual roll trade, which will be a little cheaper than doing the 2 trades yourself.

#10     Jun 11, 2007