how to do research

Discussion in 'Trading' started by met1989, Apr 2, 2019.

1. met1989

met1989

i am looking to research a stock and i want to know if these specific stock has any big news coming out this coming week (I'm speaking generally ) so i look out for earnings what else can i look out for or also see if the company has any special announcements ? or its basically looking up everything myself and reading a lot?

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Join a free or fee-base breaking news alerts website/app that allows you to input symbols...they'll notify you.

Just use Google to search for the services or your data (chart) provider may offer such already. :D

wrbtrader

3. test your hypothesis with millions or billions of transaction data. Make sure, you do some robustness check to ensure your results are not just a result of simple mechanism.

4. PRICE! Only!

Price is the generator of News. The sooner you learn and dig this, the less time you will waste watching News.

Test it out!

Hypothetical:
    You're on an Island, no TV, no mags, no newspapers, nothing, no contact but magically your Price charts & broker account get updated in real time. Then you will be forced to only listen to Price. You'll make a bloody fortune.

5. sfwind

sfwind

My experience taught me less is more. Let the pro do the research and you manage the portfolio.