How to do Insider Trading without getting caught?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jagadish, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Can you guarantee that even if you get away,at some point of time you won't be caught?

Unless of course you are Goldman Sachs or SAC.

Look at Galleon hedge fund,all crooks usually have a fallout one day or the other,no?

#21     Jun 17, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

Worst case is 20 years of free room and board and all the sex you would ever want! :D

#22     Jun 17, 2010
  3. gucci

gucci

Keep up your optimism. Just be sure it guides you the right way.

#23     Jun 17, 2010
  4. henry76

henry76

Dear Max , there are no gaurantees in life , everything has some risk , i suspect 99% atleast get away with it , it probably and literally goes on all the time to a lesser or greater degrea , the rewards can be enormouse , if you think crime never pays your not living in this world , it's only the stupid and the unlcuky who get caught , per doller I bet driving a cab is 10 times more dangerouse .
    P .S. I'd do it myself , but the managing director of BP isn't answering my calls

#24     Jun 17, 2010
  5. Sure sunshine.

Just remember that when elephants fight,grass on the ground always breaks if you get the hint.

So don't be in a shock when you are named while bigger daddies go scot free :p

Cheers,
    Max

#25     Jun 17, 2010
  6. Thank you all.
    And special thanks to Max Skinner for doing the detective job instead of answering my question.

#26     Jun 18, 2010
  7. Severely under-under regulated dark pools.

#27     Jun 18, 2010
  8. You are welcome genius.

Hopefully now you will give your employer something in return like actually working for the salary you get instead of making plans to mooch off.

Take care.

Best,
    Max

#28     Jun 18, 2010
  9. As with everything in life,context is the key.

After Lehman and 2008 debacle,don't you think that vigilance has become more and more authoritarian and always sniffing for any of the "insiders" to catch and improve their own image?

There is a time to kill and a time to heal if you can get my point.

It surely will suck to be stupid or unlucky or both in post 2008 era.

By the way,you need to find someone else other than that useless BP fellow,you will make more money.Was very funny when he was grilled,looked like a junkie on crack trying to gather when did he have his last fix.

:D

Cheers,
    Max

#29     Jun 18, 2010
  10. henry76

henry76

Yeh he was pretty lame , but he did stick it out , though he must be worth a fortune , and I'm sure the authorities are sniffing around after insider dealers all the time , but thats becuase it happens all the time , I stick by what i said earlier , I bet they catch 1% of insider deals at most and the reward risk ratio is huge ( thats why people do it ) , and the really smart guys just end up really rich .

#30     Jun 18, 2010