How to do Insider Trading without getting caught?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jagadish, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Nah,not a law enforcement officer,just a dumbass employee in some Indian bodyshop hoping to strike gold by insider trading.

Surely a dumb one at it's best.

See my post for his details.

#11     Jun 17, 2010
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Trade a 5000 block of straddles of a company you are directly linked to just before a major announcement you were aware of. Make sure the options average dailyvolume is < 1000. You are safe , no way in hell the SEC figures it out...:p

#12     Jun 17, 2010
  3. DrEvil

DrEvil

That's easy. Go work for GS.

#13     Jun 17, 2010
  4. "Don't Risk What You Don't Have Enough of to Get More of What You Have Plenty Of"
    --------------------------

Fer example, if I only had more money I'd have more freedom. yuk yuk

If you don't get it, the quote is Alan Dershowitz. You can google it. Good advice, imo.

#14     Jun 17, 2010
  5. Sort of like robbing a bank. Odds of getting away with it (and with significant money) are low... and there are consequences.

#15     Jun 17, 2010
  6. Daal

Daal

Ask SAC capital

#16     Jun 17, 2010
  7. subban

subban

Hey Jagdish,

Are you an employee of thee Satyam that did that accounting fraud a couple of years ago or is this Mahindra a knock off the name satyam. You could do insider trading of satyam or some Indian software company that trades listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ exchange in US, and I doubt the SEC can go to India to go after you. But why not try to make money the honest way instead of screwing honest shareholders of people who believe in the companies they buy.

#17     Jun 17, 2010
  8. henry76

henry76

I suspect most get away with it , there have been a couple of scandals in uk , i think jeffrey archer was caught up in something , amongst a long list , his wife was a tv exec involved in a takeover , think he got away with that , but was sent to prison for something or other , personally i think he should be locked up for his books .

#18     Jun 17, 2010
  9. I believe the rich and powerful get away with it most of the time. A friend's Dad flies for Billionaire and he bragged about doing it with 4 degrees of separation on the golf course.

Another friend whose relative worked for a public company was told informally by the VP from CFO that numbers would be met 2 weeks before announced formally but person was concerned it would be construed as insider trading and since it was on a taped conversation nothing was done with info. It went up from 7 to 13 a share.

#19     Jun 17, 2010
  10. my guess is that >95% get away with insider trading. it is close to impossible to prove especially when it is done on a small scale.

#20     Jun 17, 2010