How to do Hawaii for a good value?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, May 31, 2013.

1. Hey, taking time off and loved Hawaii when I was a kid, so look to take my kids. So far I am looking at $10,000 for the 5 of us at a higher end place with a lot included. What else is available? Before the tools respond, $10, 000 is doable and won't kill me, but I just find it ridiculous at the same time. I want the kids to have fun, but for me surfing and being a beach whale(that would be me) works.
    Thanks, and I belong to various groups which may offer discounts.

2. BSAM

BSAM

I agree with you, brother Tac, that it is ridiculous.
    However, if this has already been discussed with the kids, it is probably too late to back out and make vacation plan changes.
    I recommend Yosemite.
    That would also be a life changing experience for anyone of any age and at a steeply reduced rate from your Hawaii idea.
    But, surfing isn't allowed in Yosemite.:)
    The main thing is, have fun whatever you do!

3. Yea, there are a lot of places beyond Hawaii. I spent 2 days at Air and Space. Cheaper. oh yea, but different by a million miles.

4. I have heard that Glacier National is amazing. For me that works. I unfortunately, have not passed that on to my kids. Hawaii offers everything, but I would like to do it at somewhere between luxury and value.