How to disable login emails?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by blueraincap, May 12, 2022.

1. The IBKR Chat thing takes forever, so I rather ask here.
    How the fuck can I stop the email notifications whenever I log in? That is so annoying

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Account management, somewhere!

3. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

why would you disable that? What if someone got access to your account while you are on vacation and you don't even realize it?

Leave it on and you will be annoyed a bit but forever grateful if that notification helped you prevent a disaster.

People are fking stupid sometimes

4. yeah, but I can't find it, disabled a few options but still getting emails

5. def

def Sponsor

If you are in Hong Kong, you can't. It is an SFC requirement and one which we are not allowed to disable.

6. That's annoying as fuck

7. def

def Sponsor

Consultation Conclusions on Proposals to Reduce and Mitigate Hacking Risks Associated with Internet Trading
    sfc.hk website

Prompt notification to clients A licensed or registered person should notify clients (eg, via email, short message service (SMS) or other push notifications) promptly after certain client activities have taken place in their internet trading accounts. These activities should at least include: (a) System login; (b) Password reset; (c) Trade execution; (d) Fund transfer to third party accounts unless these have been registered with the licensed or registered person for fund transfer purposes prior to the transfer; and (e) Changes to client and account-related information. The channel of notification to clients should be different from the one used for system login (as outlined in paragraph 1.1). Clients may choose to opt out from “trade execution” notifications only. Under such circumstances, adequate risk disclosures should be provided by the licensed or registered person to the client and an acknowledgement should be executed by the client confirming that the client understands the risks involved in doing so.