How To Destroy Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by I am..., May 21, 2010.

1. Death Is Destroyed Through The Gospel

"...it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." ~ P(s)aul 2 Timothy 1:10

But what gospel?

As much as i can, i like to cherry pick the NT where the light in me agrees with the light i see. What i see here is that death is destroyed "through the gospel." This is in stark contrast to a pseudo-gospel that tells us that death is destroyed by the death of our Savior! That makes absolutely no sense to me. Death is destroyed by more death? I think people are getting the gospel confused with more death.

So, what is "the gospel"? Is the death of our Savior and "the gospel" the same thing? Hardly! The gospel is a psychological understanding of the root causes of the phenomenon we call death. The gospel provides (or ought to provide) enough information for those who are perishing...to decide not to perish! Jesus is a model in this regard. He decided not to perish. Those who argue that he perished are preaching "another gospel".

A decision is entirely a psychological function. The gospel ought to explain why death is entirely a psychological state of mind. This is not to imply that the human body is meant to function forever. Rather, the gospel ought to explain why what can die - the body - is entirely a psychological state of mind.

The question then turns to; Whose mind is powerful enough for man to be a "state" within it? I posit that a state of death is a state of mind inside the Mind of Christ. Following this line of reasoning, anywhere where death seems to be "the truth"...is a state of mind inside the Mind of Christ.

Most bible believers believe that "this world" is held together in Christ. Some may even believe that it is held together in the Mind of Christ who "made all things". After all, how can " all things" be "in Christ" without being in the Mind of Christ?

Once it is established that "all things" are in the Mind of Christ, we can begin to "destroy" that state of mind that makes death "the truth". In order to "destroy" that state of mind, the gospel ought to tell us what is the cause of that state of mind. Once we understand the cause of that state of mind we can change that state of mind. If we want, we can call this change of mind "repentance".

Assuming that this state of mind is a decision, then a decision could change this state of mind. The following testimony corroborates what i've just explained so far.

"The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"

Jesus said, Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is."
    ~ Gospel of Thomas

Some bible believers may argue that Thomas is a forged gnostic document and that gnosis is not legitimate. However, there are plenty of proof texts from the bible to suggest otherwise. So far, i have quoted the bible as suggesting that death is destroyed by "the gospel". Here is another quote that suggests that the gospel is really gnosis, a Greek term for knowledge.

"Let light shine out of darkness," ... the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." ~ P(s)aul 2 Corinthians 4:6

I think we'd all be one step closer to destroying death if we can agree that the gospel is like "light" that tells us of "the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." Does this quote tell us that the gospel is about more death? Does it tell us that death destroys death? Does it tell us that the death of Christ destroys death? No! It just suggests that knowledge of the true nature of Go(o)d is what the gospel is all about. If death is not a part of the true nature of Go(o)d, then knowing the truth could probably help us, yes? Maybe we need to decide to take sides with the truth, yah?

In order to destroy death, i think we need to choose between Life, and death, beginning with a choice between a Gospel of Life...and a "gospel" of death. Death is never good news. But Life is most definitely good news. So why have we been told that death is good news?

Bible believers are confusing the death of a morbid state of mind inside the Mind of Christ with the death of Christ. The death of Christ accomplishes nothing. Simple logic would tell us this. If Christ was dead there would be no hope. How can Life die anyway? Besides that Christ is not dead...not even according to those who preach a gospel of death. The confusion is resolved simply by recognizing where death is. Death is a state of mind inside the Mind of Christ.

Once we can establish that death is a state of mind inside the Mind of Christ, we can draw some parables from a state of sleep. The Gospel of Life, if properly told and understood, makes death and sleeping synonymous. The following biblical quote supports this very thesis:

"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." ~ P(s)aul Ephesians 5:14

Bible believers may argue that this is taken out of context. However, this is something that P(s)aul is quoting from some other source...something he himself may have taken out of context. I simply argue that P(s)aul has taken it out of the context of a Gospel of Life, and couched it in a gospel of death...another gospel.

If we can accept the just mentioned quote in the context of a Gospel of Life, then we can proceed to destroy death by identifying the root of the problem, and then uprooting it. The following quote suggests that whatever the problem is, we need to go to the root of it.

Jesus said, "A grapevine has been planted apart from the Father. Since it is not strong, it will be pulled up by its root and will perish." ~ Gospel of Thomas

I am saying that the "grapevine" that has been planted "apart from the Father"...is a state of mind inside the Mind of Christ. "Apart from the Father" is also reminiscent of the parable of the prodigal son. It's the whole idea of separation and all that separation means. For starters, separation from Life means death. This is some very simple logic that anyone can understand. If one is not Life, one must be death. It sounds like a concept, doesn't it? The opposite of Life is death, yes? What i'm saying is that the Gospel of Life destroys the wicked grapevine by uprooting it at it's very beginning...at the root cause. Such a Gospel should explain what the grapevine is, and what causes it, so that it can be uprooted. I am explaining that the grapevine is a concept in the Mind of Christ.

CONCEPT:

The representational theory of mind proposes that concepts are mental representations, while the semantic theory of concepts holds that they are abstract objects. Ideas are taken to be concepts, although abstract concepts do not necessarily appear to the mind as images as some ideas do. Many philosophers consider concepts to be a fundamental ontological category of being.
    ~ Wikipedia

Where else would you find concepts except in a mind? And where else would you find concepts as cosmic in proportion than in the Mind of Christ? Have we not already established that "all things" must be held together in the Mind of Christ? What other mind could they be in?

The gospel of death tells us that we were "made in the image"..."of God". What it does not tell us is that as images, we are concepts. Even we think we are beings, we are still concepts. Specifically, we are concepts of what can die. Now let's back up from the trees so we can see the forest. We are part of a state of mind that makes death "the truth". This is a state of mind inside the Mind of Christ that must be changed in order to be destroyed.

...continued...

2. Destroy Death By A Change of Mind

The Gospel of Life tells us that each of us plays a role in changing the state of mind that tells us death is "the truth". First of all, we are asked to believe that Life is the Truth, not death. Therefore, death-as-truth has no place in a Life-as-Truth gospel. Once this is understood, we can let Truth destroy lies. In the Gospel of Life, the Truth is likened to a Being that transcends "this world" and overcomes it. We may also say that "this world" will be uprooted, if indeed it is that wicked grapevine planted outside the Father.

Can anyone argue that "this world" is a place where everything dies? Some will argue that nothing really dies, it just changes states. So i simply argue that death is a radical change of state different enough to bring what was before to an *end*. Is it not easy to see that everything in "this world" comes to an end? Even our source of "light" - the sun - comes to an end. Shall we not say that time itself will also come to an end? Indeed, the Gospel of Life would tell us this, that what has a beginning, must also have an end.

We are told, even by those who preach the gospel of death, that this world has a beginning. We are not told why anything begins if Go(o)d is Eternal. The Gospel of Life would tell us that the beginning is where the wicked grapevine begins to grow...set apart from the Father of Eternal Life.

So let's review. What is apart from Life? That's right, death. What is apart from Truth? Right again...lies! This is supported intra-biblically by the following kinds of sayings:

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
    ~ Jesus John 8:44

This is a fairly caustic "gnostic" response to men who were boasting of their special human genealogical bloodlines. It seems to imply that if one were to trace their human genealogy back far enough, one would find "the devil" to be something we call "father", but who is really apart from the Father. This would explain why the devil-father would be the father of death and lies...as opposed to the Father of Life and Truth. And this goes back to "the beginning", which, for all we know, could have been a veiled reference to the first sentence in Hebrew sacred folklore.

For the purposes of this OP, i want to focus on the "light" of the Gospel of Life that is supposed to destroy death. To do that, let me borrow once again from the bible, taking it out of the context of death:

"He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work." ~ 1 John 3:8

Here again we have a fairly gnostic statement veiled enough to have passed for "gospel". What the gospel of the devil doesn't tell us, however, is where "the beginning" or where "the devil's work" are located...so that they can be destroyed. The Gospel of Life would inform us that the works of the devil are right under our feet and in front of our face.

Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you." ~ Gospel of Thomas

Indeed, we can see how clever is the devil to hide it's works right out in plain daylight where no one would ever suspect to look. It is, in fact, the material world...every last electron of it. What's in front of our face are spinning, dancing electrons. Besides that, what's in front of our face are images made of spinning electrons. And for whatever reason, all of these images are changing. They change so radically that we don't hardly recognize them from decade to decade. And we certainly don't recognize them any more after they've changed so radically that we have to make up words like "death" to describe the *end* that they come to. This, my Gospel of Life friends, is not the work of Our Father. Rather, it is the work/world of "the god of this age":

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." ~ P(s)aul 2 Corinthians 4:4

Here again, a fairly gnostic statement that is veiled enough to pass for "gospel". It tells us that father time is not the Father of an Eternal Christ. If it's true, then, that "this world", the "god of this world", "the beginning", "the works of the devil", and "this age" are concepts in the Mind of Christ, how then shall they be uprooted? First of all, merely recognizing that they are in the Mind of Christ is a good first step. If they are not in the Mind of Christ, then where are they. Are not "all things" held together in the Mind of Christ? I understand that this is a big step. It could take years or life-cycles to learn. But i'm confident everyone can learn it. The second big step is to recognize that if these concepts are not true, perhaps we can overcome them by identifying ourselves with what is true. The Gospel of Life would propose that what is true is the Mind of Christ. What it contains, in terms of concepts, may not be true. Therefore, the Gospel of Life will focus on psychology, to the extent that we can change your mind.

"...We have the mind of Christ. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...we have the mind of Christ." ~ P(s)aul

In other words, it is only as we identify with the Mind of Christ that the "veil" that is blinding the minds of unbelievers is taken away.

"... to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away." ~ P(s)aul

I'd like here to point out that the gospel of death is heavily influenced by the "old covenant". It could even be argued that the "new testament" is merely a continuation of the "old". For this reason, i argue that the "new testament" is the same as the "old testament", which is introduced as "the leaven of the Pharisees" into the Gospel of Life. The result is a hybrid, another gospel entirely, that does not destroy death. Rather, it promotes death as something that can reverse death...more than it promotes the knowledge of Christ. It's really two opposing gospels in one. The wise will rightly divide the "word of life" from the words of death.

How, then, can death be good news? Only the death of the state of mind inside the Mind of Christ may be considered good news. Such a state of mind can only be changed if we identify ourselves with the Mind in which the concept of death is held to be "the truth". Otherwise, this state of mind will kill "us". We will destroy it, or it will destroy us. If it's not a psychological state of mind inside our own Mind then there's there's no way to change our mind about it. Only the Mind that holds "all things" together can take it apart, yes? If that is not our own Mind, then we have no control over "the works of the devil", and the "father" of "this world" will continue to dominate over its dirge of death.

How then to destroy death?

3. Destroy Death By Overcoming The World

"Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world" ~ Jesus

How did Jesus overcome the world? Was it not by what he knew about Christ? Did he not have knowledge of the glory of Go(o)d? And are we not asked to transform our minds to have the same understanding, indeed, to have the very same Mind?

"Light has come into the world." ~ John John 3:19

Can we all agree that Christ is the "light of the world"? Can we also agree that the light is "knowledge"? If so, perhaps we can also agree that the light and knowledge are Christ. If so, perhaps we can also agree that the "gospel" is most truly about what psychologically prepares us to see the light and know Christ? And could we not conclude that seeing Christ is to see Life and thus destroy death? Even if this is true, something is missing. How can seeing Life destroy death...unless we see our Self as Life? Indeed, this is what Jesus did.

"I am...the truth and the life."
    ~ Jesus

Unfortunately, this has been interpreted to mean that we don't need to see ourselves as the truth and the life. But if we would follow Jesus' lead, that is exactly what we'd do in order to overcome a morbid and deceptive state of mind...inside our own Mind!

In support of this theory, i offer a couple of intra-biblical clues. First of all, Jesus makes no distinction between his "light" and our "light".

"I am the light of the world." ~ Jesus John 8:12

"You are the light of the world." ~ Jesus Matthew 5:14

See the similarities? Second, Jesus makes no distinction between his Father and our Father.

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. ~ John 20:17

Indeed, Jesus is very adamant about this, if we are to follow his example.

"Do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." ~ Jesus

Jesus does not stop there on his mutual identification campaign.

"They are not of the world any more than I am of the world. " ~ John 17:14

Even more, the knowledge of the glory of Go(o)d he says belongs to all of us.

"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them." ~ Jesus

So here we have the true "gospel"...the knowledge of the glory of God given to Christ...and the knowledge of Christ as our Self.

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one. " ~ Jesus

Some will argue that oneness is not clear enough from these kinds of statements. They will say that there must be some kind of difference between our true Self, and the true Self of Jesus. To that, all i can say is:

"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." ~ John John 1:5

Once it is understood that darkness is a state of mind in our own Mind, we can begin to let the light shine.

"Let light shine out of darkness," ... the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." ~ P(s)aul 2 Corinthians 4:6

Once it is understood that in the dark we sleep inside our own Mind, we can begin to wake up.

"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." ~ P(s)aul Ephesians 5:14

Once we understand that death is a state of mind inside our own Mind, then we can begin to change our mind.

"Be the change you want to see" ~ Gandi

Indeed, in order to destroy death, we must BE LIFE. There is only one way to be Life, if there is only one Life. We must be that Life. If that Life is Christ, then we must be Christ. We be Christ by putting on the Mind of Christ...by a transformation of one state of mind to another. Thus, salvation is entirely psychological. It's about trading lies for the Truth of Self...by changing our own mind about our Mind.

Death is like a devil that must be exorcised in the name of Christ. But to exorcise it, we must understand where it is. How can death not be in the Mind of Christ, who holds "all things" together? If it is in the Mind of Christ, we must be Christ to overcome it. This is exactly the example Jesus set. The question is; Will we follow?

There are two ways to follow Christ Jesus:

1.) Be Christ
    2.) Obey Christ

It depends on how we choose to interpret "follow". If we follow #2, we deny we are Christ. If we deny we are Life, we will die. It's pretty simple.

Following the instructions of a T/teacher are not the same as obedience. The Gospel of Life teaches that the will of Christ is the same as the will of Our Father. This is not about obedience. Its about equality and oneness and sameness. This is what everyone wants more than anything else. It's only a matter of time before this is recognized. Meanwhile, good teachers will teach us how to get what we really want. We want the true nature of our Original Being. We will get it, if we quit playing sadistic games with the concepts of inequality, hierarchy, dominance, submission and obedience.

Christ!

4. (My great grandfather knew the exact day, time and how he would die... the judge told him.)

Nice post thanks.

5. You're welcome! Sorry about your granpops. He'll get another chance.

Meanwhile, in retrospect, i dont think i made it clear what the following quote was all about:

"The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?"

Jesus said, Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is."
    ~ Gospel of Thomas

It's about understanding how "this world" begins in the first place so that we can understand how to end it. It begins with a decision. So it can end with a decision. It begins with our own decision. So it can end with our own decision.

To understand how it begins is to also understand what it is, and where it is. It is an imaginative expression of freedom inside our own Mind. It expresses the opposite of What we are. So, not only is it a concept, it is a self-concept. It functions like a dream, transforming the sleeper into all manner of strange and strangely behaving beings, scenes, themes and scenarios.

But at the root of it is a curious wish to be special. That's how it begins. A desire to be different. This is significant when it is first understood that all Beings in the World of Go(o)d are equals...all the same. To be special, one must be different. And to be different, one must be *apart*. This is where the wicked grapevine begins to grow..."apart from the Father".

So if this is how it begins, it ends when we decide that we are no longer interested in exploring the ramifications of being special. The only way to be the same is to be the same as Christ. The only way to be the same as Christ is to be Christ...not be different. Being "like" Christ is to remain aloof...to be different...to be special. That desire must "die", so-to-speak. This is the only kind of death that may be interpreted as "good news". It's the death of the ego.

To be Christ is to be Everything...to be the Totality of Reality. This is our true Self. One author describes this Self as Infinite-Eternal-Awareness-Love-Bliss. This is good news indeed. This is the Truth whether we think we want it or not. We can accept it now...or later. Delay is tragic. Sooner or later the Truth must prevail over self-concepts. And then the end will come.

Some may argue that it is arrogant to think oneself to be Christ, or to be equal to Go(o)d. Ironically to be Christ is the only way to be the same as all Beings. This is the only way to be equal. To be the same/equal is what true humility is all about. To be less is not only a false humility, to be less than Christ may also be considered arrogance. Specialness is the root of pride...even if it requires us to abase our Self. Equality and salvation are the same.

Christ!

6. Wow, long winded but an incredible post and one hell of a writer.. Excuse the choice of words Padre..

Former Pastor Rennick out:cool:

7. jem

jem

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

------

did you see the serpant ask if eve (humans) want to be like God?
    do what the serpent says and you will surely not die?

What is is that you say will destroy death? believing one is God? and by pretending to be God a person will not die?

I suggest one go to the source and see what Jesus has to say on the matter.

8. Very interesting stuff, but beyond my ability to interpret.

9. So you are believing the snake? Who is more like Go(o)d than the Son of Go(o)d? Should the Son of Go(o)d be punished for considering himself equal to Go(o)d? Why then should Adam be punished for desiring the same nature as the Son of Go(o)d? Since when is being like Go(o)d...not good?

The problem is not that Adam wanted to be equal to Go(o)d (like the Son of Go(o)d). The problem is that Adam wanted to be different from Go(o)d...and then make that which is different "as god". Adam wanted to add to Go(o)d by picking more than what is "good". What is more than good? Hint: Not good. Thus, more than Life is? That's right, death. Likewise, more than everything is nothing. Adam wanted to make nothingness (ex nihilo) into "reality", as Go(o)d (is real). Adam wanted to make death "the truth", as Go(o)d is the truth.

You may argue, it's not clear from the text that Adam wanted to be different or have more than Go(o)d. That's because the text is written from the perspective of the snake, who wants you to know only what it wants you to know. The deceiver is a liar "from the beginning". In other words, from the very first sentence of the book, "In the beginning..." the deceiver is a liar. If you believe that first sentence, you are already sentenced to doom.

The deceiver is lying about the nature and motives of Go(o)d. First of all, Go(o)d would not create a being less than perfect. Go(o)d has already set a precedent in this regard, by begetting the Son of Go(o)d. The Son of Go(o)d is "true God from true God", according to your weekly recited creed. You should pay more attention to that.

Go(o)d is able and willing to create an equal, and has done so. Furthermore, he only does this once. The Son of Go(o)d, in turn, is willing and able to create an equal, and has already done so. Adam, on the other hand, is a self-made machine, made unlike Go(o)d in every way, despite deceptive statements that suggest Adam was made in the image of Go(o)d. Rather, Adam is made an image in imagination. That is the extent of Adam's self-made "reality" and "truth".

Go(o)d would never banish anyone from heaven. Rather, learn something from the parable of the prodigal son, and understand that the prodigal son leaves heaven of his own accord. The only way to leave heaven is through one's imagination. That's because heaven is reality. How else would you wander away from reality except in your imagination? Another term for imagination is sleeping and dreaming. The bible states that Adam fell asleep. Nowhere does the text state that Adam ever woke up. Indeed, for the most part, Adam is still asleep with the exception of Jesus and those who have followed him to the awakening (resurrection, rising).

If you believe what Adam believes about Go(o)d...you will die. That's the only way Adam's "sin" (meme) can effect you. You've got to believe what Jesus believed about Go(o)d in order to share in the Life of Go(o)d. There is only one Life. You must be that Life to share in it.

Yes. Not pretending though. Take a lesson from Jesus. He believed he was equal to Go(o)d. He did not die. He asks everyone to follow his lead/example. That's the only way to experience what Jesus experienced. Everything else is pretend (imagination, dreaming) because Go(o)d does not create anything but a perfect, incorruptible equals. Heaven is not the hierarchy the deceiver (since the beginning of time) has led you to believe it is. It's a World of Equality.

The bible describes Jesus as the "second Adam". The prime difference is that the first Adam fell asleep. The second Adam woke up. This is essentially what damnation and salvation is all about. It's about a mind that goes to sleep, dreams of death and exile and punishment and guilt...and then wakes up. It wakes up when the light of truth (clarity) dawns upon a darkened (confused, deceived) mind. It's one mind. Therefore, in Adam, all fall asleep. In the second Adam, all will rise. Rising takes place as the self-separated learn they are one Self, namely, Christ.

Jesus said, "I am the truth and the life". You must say the same thing. More than that, you must understand it, believe it, and be it. You must be the truth and the life. But don't make the same mistake Adam makes. You can't make flesh and blood truth and life. Those attributes belong to Go(o)d, and Go(o)d alone. Only unlimited Spirit can be truth and life. Once you understand the unlimited nature of Christ, you must confess that you are either with Christ...or you are against Christ. You are the Truth...or you are a lie. You are Life...or you are death. This is the dilemma you face if Christ is a Whole (Holy) Totality. Do you believe Christ is a Whole Totality? If not, then you don't believe in Christ...yet. Believe in Christ and you will believe in your Self. If your Self is not Life, how will you live? Doubt Christ and you will doubt you can live.

Christ!

10. It does take some learning to comprehend. A good way to learn is to ask for help interpreting.

#10     May 24, 2010