How to define a trend 100 % objectively ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by fluttrader, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sorry, I was thinking in probability terms :)

#21     Feb 26, 2008
  2. As has been pointed out to you by several different contributers, defining Trend with the aid of Price and Volume provides all one needs. In an uptrend (higher highs), Dominant Volume pushes the trend forward while non-dominant Volume causes the retrace (or pullback). In a down trend (lower lows) the same process takes place, only with a reversal of Volume bar color playing the roles of Dominant and Non-Dominant Volume. These are the basics. This process repeats over and over again, all day every day in every market on every time frame - provided sufficient liquidity exists.

Any more questions?

- Spydertrader

#22     Feb 26, 2008
  3. Glad to see you can think for yourself, more good "stuff" is always welcome

The problem is WHEN you have a local higher "high" and local higher "low" in the uptrend ..

#23     Feb 26, 2008
  4. LOL, school's in :cool:

#24     Feb 26, 2008
  5. BJL

BJL

The first condition is met when the price is higher than the price of 200 days ago and cannot be determined be using the 100day MA alone, and the latter isn't exactly correct either.

#25     Feb 26, 2008
  6. 6300 posts , is he the resident teacher at ET ? LOL

#26     Feb 26, 2008
  7. For me, no such problem exists.

You average twice the number of posts per day that I do.

- Spydertrader

#27     Feb 26, 2008
  8. You ask "How to define a trend 100 % objectively?" and then laugh when someone takes the time to tell you, without the use of unecessary, lagging derivative indicators (which don't give you an edge anywy)?

Um, bad form.

It is obvious that you didn't understand what he just said to you, and I seriously doubt anyone with any real knowledge would bother sharing it with you ... or even posting on your nOOb thread.

Good luck.

#28     Feb 26, 2008
  9. ZZ...

#29     Feb 26, 2008
  10. From which moment you can say there is a higher high and higher low , THAT is the subjectivity in the description

Till now only linear regression as definition fits the bill.

#30     Feb 26, 2008