how to defeat the situation eager to close the win orders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cf0532, Oct 30, 2017.

1. cf0532

cf0532

I think most trader had this situation: he/she was eager to close this order which had gain some profit; this trouble me sometime and I still not find good method to resolve it; anybody can give me some tips?
    thanks!

2. maxinger

maxinger

I posted following. in 'how in increase trading lot size'.

your situation is basically fear.
    even the best trade plan which specify how to take profit will not help unless we address the mind aspect.

Why fear ? Because subconscious mind is telling you that it is dangerous, risky, fearful, scary.
    And the subconscious mind could be creating hovoc by giving uss
    OCD obsessive compulsive disorder where we think about fear again and again at subconsioucs level.

We have to overcome fear
    by conscious thinking
    by visualisation
    by using psycho cybernectics
    by centering our mind using various techniques

and we have to do is repeatedly, frequently till the attitude of confidence becomes a habit.

trading is 70% mind. remainder 30% is about method and money management.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  3. In the vast majority of the cases, the price movement will tell you when it's time to exit. Just learn to read it.

Traderjohnsblog likes this.
  4. Use a combination of your analytical Left brain, and creative Right brain,...when realizing and deciding to take the decision to close a winning trade (or losing trade). -- and likewise, with opening trades.

The process is far from perfect. But you just have to hope for the best, it tends to develop over time.

Your mind is a huge ally in trading, but also it can be a huge enemy as well. Learn to calm it, and see and sense the greater, collective picture of things. Don't let your mind hear a million voices a minute.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  5. cf0532

cf0532

thanks everyboday; these are usefull and needs much experience .

6. Jones75

Jones75

One can never sell too early. You can always get back in later (with your profits). It's like the fish that got away:banghead:…great story for the dinner circuit, but the bank account will still be crying.
    I talk from 12 years (from 80% buy side) trading / investing experience.
    Buy low…SELL high.:D

7. ironchef

ironchef

If you don't buy low sell high, you could end up with buy low sell low, like my TEVA.

8. tfp

tfp

An important technique is to have a breakeven, stop loss, and profit target strategy prior to putting on each trade. Ideally these 3 things stem from a profit expectancy formula where you know your odds before placing each trade. I have found that fear in putting on any position (at least for me), comes from not knowing the answers one or more of these 4 components.

9. traider

traider

Try getting into bitcoin now if you have sold at $1