how to deal with wide rang bars

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by cashmoney69, Feb 12, 2009.

1. other chart

• es2.jpg
      File size:
      212.2 KB
      Views:
    #11     Feb 12, 2009
  2. Are you tape reading off the DOM?..what is your approach?

to the other poster, yes i could use tick or volume charts, but i dont like volume charts, and tick charts just make the market more choppy and volatile, which would magnifly the problem because futs are fast enough as it is, yes it would cut down on the wide bars, but potentially generate more false signals as well.

#12     Feb 12, 2009
  3. I watch the dom quite a lot but my decisions are not made based on what I see there until I get a signal from my primary time frame. Using a secondary time frame for more precision helps in locating the best prices.

My approach is PA trading using price and volume bars and the patterns in which they present themselves to form a structure and context from which my setups are derived (whew long sentence). :)

#13     Feb 12, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

It really amazes me how a person asks a simple question around here and gets jumped on – and I don’t mean just on this thread

Mandelbroset has the solution – try it you’ll like it

Too many people trade fibs to just discount them altogether and BTW - The S&P bounced between two fib #’s today ~ 812.39, and ~827.20

836.39 is another one, and S&P is approaching it as I type this - let's see what happens

As far as a type of trader (PA, indicator, Elliott wave, moon beams, ect…) – It’s all about making money- isn’t it, use what works for ya, when/ while it’s working

Redneck

#14     Feb 12, 2009
  5. What are you talking about? This thread has been very civil, especially compared to all the other junk out there :)

#15     Feb 12, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

I agree about the other junk

So Sir I sincerely apologies to You

#16     Feb 12, 2009
  7. No need to apologize RNT

#17     Feb 12, 2009
  8. Cash, remember you have S&R at the mid of a wide bar and you can use it for stop placement.

That would sort the problem in the chart example.

#18     Feb 12, 2009
  9. Hi just noticed your chart is March crude, which expires in a week.

I can't say I've read the full post in depth, but if you're having trouble maybe try looking at the J9 contract as that's the most actively traded now. March Brent has already gone off the board yesterday too.

Hope that helps, if not - sorry for wasting peoples time reading this!

#19     Feb 13, 2009
  10. Sure, and using so called Fib levels in WTI(CL), you might as well roll dice.:cool:

#20     Feb 15, 2009