How to deal with those non-Americans messing with threads on American National Intere

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fairplay, Jan 19, 2003.

1. msfe

msfe

#21     Jan 26, 2003
  2. Why Bush is sunk without Europe?

Last time I checked, Euros weren't allowed to vote in our elections.

#22     Jan 26, 2003
  3. fairplay

fairplay Guest

Yes, you are quite right: Europeans and also Africans and Asians and people from all over the world outside the US are not allowed to vote for or against a potential global desaster triggered by the US.

Which means the fundamentals of democracy are eroded: 250 million (don't know if that number is correct) Americans dictate to the rest of us 6 billions whether or not we can sleep tonight. That makes them something like 0.01%. Nice margin, reminds me of elections taking place last year somewhere in the northern hemisphere...

I admire those Europeans, especially France and Germany, and I am glad that they make a stand. At least they represent a power which, unlike the poor countries of the 3rd world , cannot be shouted down.

#23     Jan 26, 2003
  4. fairplay

fairplay Guest

I do not know whom you are addressing here and what exactly you mean by "let the germans have you". Could you please elaborate?

#24     Jan 27, 2003
  5. fairplay

fairplay Guest

my english speaking friend tells me that this is what is written on the order of the garter and that it means something like "a donkey who thinks badly about this".

Can you also please explain what you mean by quoting this? or did you just want to make fun of Mr Wild and wanted to show to all of us that you can speak French?

#25     Jan 27, 2003
  6. You're a European? I have to assume you studied at least enough history where you would be on par with our Junior High student equivalent who would know exactly what the quote translates to as well as its origin and meaning in the context I used it. Did you drop out of school before then?

#26     Jan 27, 2003
  7. 250 million dominate 6 billion?

Sucks for them. I will be happy to see them rise up and refuse the U.S.A.'s money when they need it for disasters and economic support, or defense when their neighbors attack them for no reason. Let the 6 million become self sufficient and independent, let them grow up.

You admire the Euros? That they are making a stand? They are looking out for their own self interest, not any of the 6 billion that are not among their voting rolls.

I can't believe you are that naive to even believe what you wrote.

#27     Jan 27, 2003
  8. fairplay

fairplay Guest

O777: what money? You probably mean the money which the Germans and many others will have to pay when it comes to restoring life in Iraq after your bombers have left.

Tell me, when was the last time the US came to the rescue of a country which was attacked by its neighbors? Vietnam? Afghanistan? Iran? Rwanda-Burundi? Congo? Oh, I forgot Yugoslavia! good work, well done! Hahaha! But then again: which neighbor attacked Yugoslavia? Please explain

#28     Jan 27, 2003
  9. What money?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0401/p21s01-wmgn.html

#29     Jan 27, 2003
  10. msfe

msfe

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0401/p21s01-wmgn.html

Even if fully implemented in 2006, the $16 billion in foreign aid will amount to 0.135 percent of the nation's gross domestic product, its total output of goods and services. That's up from 0.108 percent this year. As a share of total budget outlays, foreign aid will rise from 0.55 to 0.73 percent.

So the US will continue to contribute a far smaller portion of its economy to aid than nearly every other rich donor country. And the share of the US budget will still be lower than in almost any year from the end of World War II through the mid-1990s.

On the other hand, the US spends far more on defense – and so, on world order – than any other rich country.

#30     Jan 28, 2003