how to deal with ninjatrader cancelling open orders

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by junkone, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Even more importantly, how many workspaces do you have open, and how many charts in each?

#21     Nov 14, 2021
  2. junkone

junkone

i just moved my sqlserver off this box and so will get some of that memory back. i can move that docker also off this box.
    i have 9 charts open and 1 workspace
    how can i determine how much resources is used by my charts? is there a submetric that i can look at?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#22     Nov 14, 2021
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

we use different stats. What is expectancy? Also, is this long only model? how curve fitted it is, I see many parameters. Did you do forward test ? And etc

#23     Nov 14, 2021
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

ninja does occupy around 2gb of ram. You have very few charts so it is nothing for software. I suggest getting basic vm on aws or azure and run it there. Best way to algo trade.

#24     Nov 14, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. Hello RedDuke,

I appreciate your help.

I am using speedytradingservice to back test and optimize algos. The memory is bit slow and optimizations takes forever.

Do you recommend aws and azure for back testing and optimization algos on NT8 or only use those services for running algos in forward testing or live?

Thank you,

#25     Nov 14, 2021
  6. traider

traider

For backtesting just invest in a good ryzen desktop and put it at home. Its even cheaper if you know how to buy 2nd hand. You use a cloud host when you need to be near the broker server to execute algo trades fast.

#26     Nov 15, 2021
    SimpleMeLike and RedDuke like this.
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

we use our own computers for back test. Cloud only for live trading and shadow sim backups (in case production goes down, sim becomes production). Also, we wrote our own back test as ninja Optimizer did not have features we needed, plus was too slow for the amount of data we needed to process.

#27     Nov 15, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. Thank you so much RedDuke for the help.

#28     Nov 15, 2021
  9. Thank you for the help traider,

I was using my VPS server to run back test and optimization and it takes forever. Currently waiting 5 hours for one optimization.

Now I understand better, and need to buy really good computer or server for back testing and optimization and use the VPS to run the algos on to make the money live. This way I keep the algo in test away from the algo live making the money.

Thank you so much

#29     Nov 15, 2021
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

I can give you some tips on how to improve speed of optimization, but you need to be a developer or have one. Ping me in PM and we can chat over zoom.

#30     Nov 15, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.