how to deal with ninjatrader cancelling open orders

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by junkone, Nov 12, 2021.

1. junkone

junkone

its consistent with sim and real a/c. NT has some internal logic to map orders and i cannot figure out how.

#11     Nov 13, 2021
  2. junkone

junkone

agree. NT is a great aumation tool.
    i use ninjatrader with IB. i am focussed on NT as an automation tool and not as a brokerage.

#12     Nov 13, 2021
  3. traider

traider

there is some setting that you can try, i cant recall exactly but it might be sync orders. Try to look at all the strategy settings that are configurable.

#13     Nov 13, 2021
  4. junkone

junkone

the sync option exists but its really impossible to make it work. only NT technicians can make it work. i have spent many weeks and still cannot get it to work for a hello world strategy.
    i like the republish orders after cancel as a good method.

#14     Nov 14, 2021
  5. Hello RedDuke,

I like NT8 as well.

I build algos for testing trading ideas.

Can I hire and pay you (or someone on your team) to teach me how to optimize trading strategies NT8 and not over optimize and curve fit?

I have some algo with good equity curve, I am just not sure if I over optimized.

Thank you

#15     Nov 14, 2021
  6. junkone

junkone

How do you sync your strategy position if there is a fill between restart? does NT provide that info or do you sync it outside of NT by connecting to broker?

#16     Nov 14, 2021
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

We only restart over weekend or on rare occasions when things crash. You obviously can miss a trade or two if you are out for too long. If not connected to broker, game over until you do of course.

#17     Nov 14, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. Hello RedDuke,

From your experience with building and testing algos in NT8, do you think these stats look good from the optimization results?

Equity Curve looks bad in 2017 to 2018.
    upload_2021-11-14_18-37-31.png

upload_2021-11-14_18-39-2.png

#18     Nov 14, 2021
  9. junkone

junkone

interesting. if i need to reboot atlteast once in 2 days. my NT charts keep freezing. i guess you have a higher horse power than me.

#19     Nov 14, 2021
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

how many charts you have open ? And what is memory and cpu?

#20     Nov 14, 2021