How to deal with boredom?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TraDaToR, Mar 17, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

one of the guests on cnbc, i used to work for him,used to listen to every self motivational tape he could find,he was doing well then ,now he's 20 times as wealthy

#21     Mar 21, 2008
  2. I think this is a great subject, I would like to see more ideas. These are activities that I do that still allow me to watch signals.

1. Any pausable game, right now I am playing elder scrolls
    2. Lift or do P90X (if you thought getting profitable was a challenge, try P90X
    3. Read Fiction, something that gets the other side of the brain working.
    4. Read ET, catch up on email, backtest, blah the capitan obvious stuff we all do.

Stuff I would like to do but it takes work to start

1. Learn a new Language
    2. Learn to play the guitar
    3. Write something longer then 10 pages.

#22     Mar 21, 2008
  3. Learn about new markets (paper trading first, please), commodity, currency and financial futures.

#23     Mar 21, 2008
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thank you all for your answers...

I do quite a lot of trades manually( 20 -40 a day ), plus autosystems' management and that's the reason I cannot really take time to have a real activity at the same time( an activity you can try to be good at...). Trading is the business and I must be focused at it...

I just try to find some way to spend time while activity is slow... I just can't have music when I trade, that's the problem with games...so thanks all.. I will find what to do with your propositions...

#24     Mar 21, 2008
  5. There is ET chat that has some great guys everyday that know the markets and are quick to give answers.

subjects include everything under the sun and no topics are off limits.

I normally don't spend a huge amount of time chatting but I wouldnt trade without logging in and throwing my .02 cents in once in a while.

#25     Mar 21, 2008
  6. Just like paysense said, I deal with boredom by playing chess (Yahoo or webchess), and sometimes by playing poker when Party Poker decides to give me $50 for free to suck me back in. :D

But mostly, when I'm done intraday trading, and just waiting for a swing signal which may or may not come, I sleep. I've been deprived of sleep for so many years, it's not funny.

I just set my clock at the close of the price bar I'm swing trading. :)

#26     Mar 22, 2008
  7. moondog

moondog

play brickbreaker on your blackberry

#27     Mar 29, 2008
  8. sueellen

sueellen

I recommend that you start going to the gym also. It helps you get out the bad energy. Also I recommend that you go to Borders and get a few self help books. That always helps me out whenever I feel stressed. It should be something easy to read such as motivational quotes.

Best Wishes,

#28     Mar 30, 2008
  9. C3NTUR10N

C3NTUR10N

buy a WII and play WII Fit or sports Games, so you get Entertainment + Fitness :)

#29     Apr 12, 2008
  10. slacker

slacker

#30     Apr 12, 2008