How to deal with boredom?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TraDaToR, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Agassi

Agassi

Where do you guys all live?

#11     Mar 17, 2008
  2. paden

paden

Rock number 3

#12     Mar 17, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Scratch that - you may become rich overnight but you won't be bored for long.

#13     Mar 18, 2008
  4. Learn a new trading skill, signal, set-up etc. (add to your arsenal)

#14     Mar 20, 2008
  5. I've been getting my butt kicked in by the computer w/ chess.

It's a retarded way to spend time, but not boring.

I think I've lost 100o games and won one. Of course I keep the level well above mine and hope to evolve into some good wins.

But dern computer is very smart.

pS

#15     Mar 20, 2008
  6. I would expect that you have a multi monitor setup. I play games while having my trading platform up on my other screens. Currently, World of Warcraft is my game of choice.

#16     Mar 20, 2008
  7. AC3

AC3

Not sure how much time it will take up during your day but was faced with the same dilemma myself and bought a set of Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells and a bench. They sit right in the office with me and are there for a quick workout ..... Nice supplement to the gym.

#17     Mar 20, 2008
  8. pick up a hobby - preferably one that you can do while trading. For example, I just starting playing the guitar a few months back. If my system is flat and the market conditions show no indication of a trade coming up soon, I'll just pick up the guitar and start playing.

I would imagine that you are the type of person that needs to not only feel a sense of accomplishment, but also requires the pursuit. If so, pick up a hobby that you would have to try to get good at.

#18     Mar 20, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

i stop trading between 11 and 1 cst most days ,breaks up the day

#19     Mar 21, 2008
  10. #20     Mar 21, 2008